Canned corn doesn’t have to be plain and boring. Check out this flavorful and easy canned corn recipe. You’ll have a delicious and nutrition side in minutes!
While I love fresh veggies, I can’t always get them and buying them during winter can get very expensive. We live in a pretty cold climate so when January rolls around and it’s negative 25 degrees for days on end, I turn to my pantry when it comes to dinner time side dishes. This is how my dad fixes canned corn, and I’ve always loved his recipe! It hits all the marks: simple, flavorful, quick and easy!
I think canned vegetables get a bad rap most of the time, when fixed correctly they can be a delicious and flavorful side dish! Plus they are super affordable and something you can store in your panty for cold months or when you’re in a pinch for a quick veggie.
As a side note, how cute is this retro dish in the above picture?! After Andy’s grandmother passed away last year we were allowed to take a few things from her home.
I love having some of her dishes in my kitchen to remind me of her! She was such an awesome lady: she had true grit and determination plus she was an animal lover to the core.
This canned corn recipe is one your family will love. My favorite thing about this recipe is how the flavors meld together. The sweet corn taste is the center of attention and the other flavors highlight it even further.
Although Andy legitimately hates corn, so I usually make this for Abram and me during lunch time or if we are having company 🙂 . I think everyone can have one food they legitimately dislike. I’ve tried for years to like mushrooms, but it’s just not meant to be. Ha!
Looking for more delicious veggie recipes??
- Oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic
- Oven Roasted Carrots
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Beets
- Green Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Flavorful Canned Green Beans
- Fried Parmesan Zucchini
- The Best Way to Make Zucchini
- Baked Butternut Squash
- How to Cook Frozen Peas
- How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
Easy & Delicious Canned Corn Recipe
- 15 oz corn 1 can
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Drain off half of the liquid from the corn.
- Pour the remaining liquid and corn in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter, garlic, parsley (if using dried), salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the liquid is almost completely gone, about 5-7 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings (if you're using fresh parsley, add at this point).