Fluffy chocolate chip pancakes are easy to make and sure to be a hit at every breakfast! Kids love making them and helping get breakfast on the table.
Are you looking for a delicious and easy breakfast that the whole family will enjoy? Check out these fluffy chocolate chip pancakes. The recipe can easily be customized to fit your tastes and it always turns out great!
One of my favorite breakfast foods of all time has to be pancakes. They’re such a simple and filling food. They’re beautiful to look at, versatile, and come in so many different shapes and flavors.
What makes homemade chocolate chip pancakes so great is that it’s a fun twist on my original pancake recipe, so you already know it’s gotta be good! The kids and I love eating these on special occasions!
These easy chocolate chip pancakes are one of our favorites and I’m sure after you try them, they’ll join in with your favorite pancake recipes too.
A few quick tips: I love the way these pancakes turn out when I use mini chocolate chips instead of the normal-sized ones. This is probably because it means more chocolate to pancake ratio and ensures that you don’t get any plain bites without a chip.
Also, give the batter a quick turn before dropping the batter onto the griddle. This ensures the chocolate chips get redistributed throughout the batter right before you scoop it.
Serve your fluffy chocolate chip pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream, more chocolate or your favorite syrup. Dessert for breakfast is heaven on a plate. YUM!
How to make chocolate chip pancakes
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and then whisk in the wet ingredients until they’re just combined. The batter may be a little lumpy and that is ok.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat your griddle to a medium low heat.
- Brush the griddle with butter or lightly spray it with some nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter in about 1/3 cup sized portions onto the heated griddle. You can also make the pancakes any size you choose, so if you want them bigger or smaller, the choice is yours.
- When the edges of the pancake are set and the bubbles in the center don’t fill in quickly, flip the pancake over. Cook the pancake for 1-2 minutes on the next side until it’s cooked through.
Can you freeze chocolate chip pancakes?
Yes, they freeze very well. To do this, freeze your chocolate chip pancakes on a baking sheet and then freeze for about an hour or two until solid and then place them in an airtight container or large zipper topped baggie.
To thaw the pancakes, you can microwave them for a few seconds from frozen or place them on a baking sheet in the oven for a few minutes until they’re heated through
What chocolate chips for pancakes?
I already said that I love mini chocolate chips in my pancakes, but you can choose whichever type of chocolate chip you want!
A mixture of dark, milk, or white chocolate chips is always a fun idea. Even using butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips can be a great way to make breakfast unique.
Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk see note
- 1 egg large
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and whisk in the wet ingredients until just combined. The batter may be lumpy and that is ok.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in gently.
- Heat a griddle on medium low.
- Brush griddle with butter or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/3 cup portions onto the griddle, or make the pancakes any size you choose.
- When the edges are set and the bubbles in the center don’t fill quickly, flip the pancake. Cook for 1-2 minutes on the next side until cooked through.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Canned Corn
- Oreo Strawberry Cheesecake
- Dutch Oven Potatoes
- How to Cook Frozen Peas
- How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Best Prime Rib Recipe in the World
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Hard Candy Recipes
- Pastina Recipe
- Beef Stroganoff from Scratch
- Caramel Apple Slices
- How to Cook Zucchini on the Stove