Learning how to cook frozen green beans makes having a veggie side dish for dinner easy! Simple and flavorful and done in minutes.
I love an easy vegetable side dish recipe, it helps me keep our meals balanced without a lot of fuss. This easy green bean recipe fits that bill, it’s no-fuss and tastes delicious.
I kept the ingredients in this frozen green bean recipe simple so it could be a quick recipe! You can dress it up any way you want, my favorite way is to add bacon…of course. Ha! I love keeping a stash of frozen green beans in my freezer so I can throw these on when I need them.
Do I Need to Thaw Frozen Green Beans?
Nope! No need to thaw the frozen green beans. I toss them in frozen and let the simmering water in the pan do all the work.
The amount of time you simmer the frozen green beans will determine how crispy or soft they will turn out.
How to Saute Frozen Green Beans
The easiest way to saute frozen green beans is to bring the ingredients to a simmer in a saute pan and let all of the liquid evaporate out of the pan.
This cooks the beans perfectly while making sure all the delicious flavor stays in the pan with the green beans.
How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
- 2 tabelspoon butter
- 1/2 cup purple onion sliced thin
- 12 ounces green beans frozen, 1 small bag
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in the saucepan.
- Add onions and cook for 3 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 8 minutes, or until most of the liquid is gone from the pan.
Looking for more great recipes and ideas?
- What is Brine
- How to Cut an Onion
- Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- How to Make Candy
- How to Make Nachos with Ground Beef
- St. Louis Ribs Crock Pot
- Herb Bread
- PVC Pipe Chicken Feeder
- Pecan Crescent Cookies
- Green Bean Seasoning
- Butterbeer Ingredients
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib
- How Do I Make Hummingbird Food
- How to Tell if Steak is Done
- Baked Barbeque Chicken Thighs
- Beef Stroganoff from Scratch
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- How Long to Smoke Beef Ribs