Homemade Ranch Dressing is so easy to throw together and tastes amazing! It is perfect for dipping, cooking, salad and more.
How to Make Homemade Ranch Dressing
The easiest way to make this ranch dressing (and any salad dressing) is in a jar. I add all the ingredients to a jar and just shake them all up. It’s fast and easy and if you have a mason jar pouring spout(affiliate), you can serve it or use it right out of the jar. Genius and so easy!
What is ranch dressing made of?
Just a few simple ingredients!! It really is so super easy to put together.
- Sour Cream
- Salt and pepper
- Enough milk to make it the consistency you like.
What?! I know, so easy. Why haven’t you been making creamy homemade ranch dip more often?! PS: Want that awesome Mason Jar Pouring Spout?? Click here!!
What can I put this easy ranch dressing on?
The options are endless!! I love to put this on salad, of course, but it’s also fantastic for dipping fresh vegetables, chicken tenders, and even pizza.
I also love to serve it with my oven BBQ chicken, use it when making bacon ranch pizzas, and substitute it for the gorgonzola dressing on my steak salad with it if I have people who aren’t fans of stinky cheese.
How long does homemade ranch last?
This is a super common question! Since ranch dressing is made of dairy products, you’ll want to use it before the earliest “best by” date found on them.
Usually, this is the milk, but always double check and write the date on the container the homemade ranch dressing is kept in.
Looking for more delicious salad dressing recipes??
- Lemon Vinaigrette with Easy Green Salad
- Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Salad Dressing
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Creamy Farmhouse Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Peach Poppy Seed Dressing
- Winter Spinach Salad
PS: Want that awesome Mason Jar Pouring Spout?? Click here!!
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder NOT onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder NOT garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried
- 1/2 teaspoon basil dried
- 1/2 teaspoon dill dried
- 3/4 teaspoon salt see note
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk amount will vary depending on desired consistency
- Whisk all ingredients together, except the milk.
- Pour in enough to make the dressing the consistency you like.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your preference.