Ground beef nachos are a quick but satisfying and delicious meal the entire family will love. Make them in less than 15 minutes! Serve them as the main dish or as an appetizer to a tex-mex spread.
I know you guys are always looking for quick and easy meals your whole family will love, and that’s why I wanted to share these delicious ground beef nachos with you all!
These are one of my favorite meals to make after we have had a long day working outside. They aren’t too heavy, but are still delicious and filling for a main dish.
These ground beef nachos really couldn’t be easier to make! The hardest part is browning the ground beef with the onions and seasoning it. Which…..really isn’t hard at all! I use my homemade taco seasoning, but you are welcome to use whatever taco seasoning you have on hand. The homemade stuff really is delicious though and oh-so-easy to whip up.
You’ll cook this mixture until the beef is cooked through and the onions are translucent and soft. I like to really break up the ground beef because I want small pieces of ground beef in every bite of nacho.
How to Assemble Ground Beef Nachos
- Spread the tortilla chips on a sheet pan.
- Sprinkle half of the ground beef mixture on top of the chips.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture on top the chips and ground beef.
Told ya it was easy! Now, I usually get asked….
What Kind of Cheese Should I Use in Ground Beef Nachos?
The answer depends! I love sharp cheddar, but Monterey jack is also fantastic because it melts beautifully. If you like more spice in your life, give pepper jack a try. If it’s in the cheddar or jack family, it’s probably a safe bet for ground beef nachos or any tex-mex dish.
Now, we need to discuss one of the most important things about these ground beef nachos: the toppings! Here are a few of my favorites.
Ground Beef Nacho Toppings
- Diced tomatoes
- Cilantro leaves
- Black olives
- Pico de gallo
- Sour Cream
- Lime wedges
- Pickled jalapenos
Really the options are endless, you can top the ground beef nachos with whatever is your favorite! It’s also so fun to make multiple trays of these for a party and then set up a nacho topping bar and let everyone build their own. Food parties are my fave!
Looking for more dinner ideas with ground beef?
- Homemade Beef Stroganoff
- Ground Beef Tacos
- Korean Beef Bowls
- Ground Beef Enchilada Recipe
- Easy Ground Beef Dinner Ideas
- Homemade Meatloaf Recipe
I hope you love these ground beef nachos! Tell me YOUR favorite nacho topping in the comments below!
Ground Beef Nachos
For the Ground Beef Nachos
- 3/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, begin to brown ground beef.
- When ground beef is almost browned, remove any excess oil from the pan.
- Add the olive oil and onions to the pan with the ground beef.
- Cook until the onions are almost translucent.
- Add the taco seasoning (see note), salt and pepper.
- Set the ground beef mixture aside.
- On a sheet pan, spread half of the tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle half of the beef mixture over top.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over top.
- Repeat layer with second half of the chips, ground beef mixture, and cheese.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Top as desired with tomatoes, olives, cilantro, sour cream or any other toppings you like.