Learn how to cook zucchini on the stovetop – it is the best way and so easy! This simple and delicious method lets the zucchini be the star of the show.
Zucchini season is in full swing here and I love it! In this post, I’ll be sharing my favorite way to cook up zucchini, and I’m pretty sure it’s the best way to make zucchini – how to cook zucchini on the stovetop!
I love the easy-to-grow summer vegetable, I have green zucchini, yellow zucchini, and black zucchini growing in my garden right now!
Here are a few of my favorite recipes, a couple of my favorite ways to incorporate it into recipes you already use and love, and how I like to store the leftovers.
- The Best Way to Store Zucchini
- The Best Zucchini Bread Muffins
- How to Cook Zucchini on the Stovetop
- Beef Taco Filling
- Pasta Alla Andy: Zucchini and Sausage Spaghetti
- Easy Zucchini Recipes
I hardly consider this a “recipe,” it takes a total of 10 minutes tops and is so simple. I really love simply sautéing zucchini on the stovetop because it lets the zucchini be the star of the show and keeps the texture intact, no one wants soggy squash!
My top tip for how to cook zucchini on the stovetop is to get your pan very hot before putting the zucchini in. This ensures you get nice color while letting the zucchini keep a bite to it and not becoming soggy.
You can use oil instead of the butter, but you’ll have to cook the zucchini a bit longer to get good browning. Butter heats more quickly, which means that you are able to get good browning in a shorter amount of time. Perfect for browning veggies quickly and keeping their texture in tact!
My favorite pan to use for this recipe is a cast iron skillet, again because it heats really well and helps keep the zucchini from turning mushy. But just use whatever you have and if you let it get hot enough it should be fine.
Don’t be tempted to keep stirring and checking on the zucchini while it cooks, it will brown much better if you can resist the urge and just let it do its thing! I hope you enjoy your abundance now that you know how to cook zucchini!
Looking for more delicious veggie recipes??
- Oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic
- Oven Roasted Carrots
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Beets
- Green Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Easy Canned Corn Recipe
- Flavorful Canned Green Beans
- Baked Butternut Squash
- How to Cook Frozen Peas
- How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
How to Cook Zucchini on the Stovetop
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 zucchini squash medium
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet (cast iron works best) over medium-high heat until butter is melted (see note).
- Add zucchini to the pan, and shake into a single layer and season with season salt and pepper.
- Leave without moving for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Flip slices over and repeat previous step.