Berry smoothies are delicious and easy to make! Pack in your daily fruit in a nutritious drink first thing in the morning.
Berry smoothies are an incredibly tasty way to enjoy eating healthy. They taste great and are great for you, packed full of vitamins and nutrients you may not otherwise get in your daily diet. By enjoying them in smoothie form you can get several servings of fruit in one sitting without much effort.
So many people enjoy eating their smoothies first thing in the morning to help get their day started. A mixed berry smoothie could give you a great boost of energy and help you to feel full if you enjoy yourself a nice glass before heading out the door in the morning.
Unfortunately, so many people are often busy in the morning and their schedules and morning diets can fall into complete chaos with unexpected issues as they pop up. This gives less and less time to make and enjoy a good breakfast before leaving home or getting on with their day.
Meal prep smoothies are a great way to stop a lot of these issues! By prepping some smoothie ingredients and keeping them handy, you can cut down on so much time in the morning. Just toss a bag of berry smoothie ingredients into a blender and enjoy breakfast in minutes and the best part is that smoothies are pretty portable so you can take it with you!
How to Make This Berry Smoothie Recipe
- To meal prep this smoothie in advance toss all of the berry ingredients into a freezer-friendly bag and place int he freezer until ready to use.
- To make the smoothies, pour the frozen bag contents into your blender and add in the yogurt, honey, and juice if desired.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth, adding more juice if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Depending on the type of yogurt you use you can adjust the sweetness of this berry smoothie recipe. Unsweetened or Greek yogurt can give you a less sweet berry smoothie but could make the smoothie a little healthier too.
What are the benefits of a berry smoothie?
Berry smoothies are full of antioxidants and a great source of potassium. Not only that but they can also be high in calcium if you use milk or yogurt and low in calories. Some berries can even give a good boost of fiber as well!
What is the best liquid to put in a smoothie?
This smoothie recipe uses yogurt and juice as a base, but there are tons of other options out there. You can use pretty much any juice variety you want or even try milk.
What can you use in smoothies instead of yogurt?
If you don’t want to use yogurt you could choose a dairy-free alternative, chia seeds, nut butter, bananas or even avocado to help give a creamy base to the smoothie.
Do you put ice in a smoothie?
Adding ice to your smoothie is an option, but one that could lead to a watered-down berry smoothie. By freezing your berries prior to blending you can avoid adding ice because the berries act as the ice and the fruit at the same time so as they warm up the drink doesn’t become watered down.
If you do choose to add ice to the mixture, add it last so you can adjust the amount based on how it tastes.
Can you freeze smoothies in ziplock bags?
You can freeze the fruits and vegetables that you want inside of your smoothie inside of a ziplock bag but you don’t want to actually blend the entire smoothie and then store it this way.
If you have smoothie leftover, create little popsicles! I use these disposable popsicle mold baggies and they make a delicious sweet treat!
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup yogurt see note
- 1 cup juice see note
- 2 tablespoons honey optional
To Prep for the Freezer
- Combine berries in a freezer bag. Place the bag in the freezer until ready to use.
To Make Smoothie
- Pour contents of the bag in the blender. Add yogurt, honey, if desired, and half of the juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add more juice until desired consistency is reached.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Prime Rib Recipes
- Over Easy Eggs
- Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Homemade Ice Cream
- Roast Beef Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Pork Chop Marinade
- Cheap Dinner Ideas
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Recipes
- Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- Homemade Chili
- White Rice
- Homemade Bread
- Chicken and Noodles
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Corn Recipes
Easy and delicious smoothie!