You’re going to love this quick and simple cherry limeade recipe. With just 4 ingredients and a few minutes, it’s done in no time.
Homemade cherry limeade is going to help to keep you cool this summer. No more taking long drives to Sonics or other places in search of a cool and refreshing cherry limeade drink. You can make it at home, whenever you want- perfect for those 3am cravings and perfect for when you want to entertain guests. It works on so many levels.
This cherry limeade drink is super simple too. Using jarred maraschino cherries instead of actual fresh cherries means you can keep the ingredients on hand for whenever the mood strikes. It also means you won’t be subjected to out of season cherry prices. Hello, frugal!
Enjoy this drink over ice or blend it up with ice and enjoy it in slushie form, it’s great either way. You can even pour it into popsicle molds and enjoy it as a refreshing ice pop! You can even follow a simple step and tip below to make this drink carbonated and bubbly.
Whether you make a few changes or leave the recipe as is, there is no doubt that you are going to love it as much as me and my family do. It’s such a simple and easy to make recipe that anyone can do it and it tastes so good. It’ll be a hit at your next barbecue or family Sunday dinner, try it and watch how fast the pitcher empties as everyone comes back for a refill.
How to make cherry limeade
- In a blender or food processor, blend all of the cherries and their juices until the mixture is smooth. Strain and remove all of the solids. Discard them because we won’t be needing them.
- Combine the cherry juice and the remaining ingredients together in a large pitcher.
- Stir the mixture with a large spoon until the sugar has completely dissolved. Tip: it’s quicker to dissolve the sugar in warmer water.
- Chill and then serve your drink as desired and enjoy.
What is cherry limeade?
Cherry limeade is sort of similar to lemonade but made with lime juice instead of lemon. It also has cherries and maraschino cherry syrup inside to give it a unique combination of flavors that is truly awesome.
What is cherry limeade made of?
This drink consists of water, sugar, lime juice and a jar of maraschino cherries (with the juice). Super simple ingredients but such a great flavor from them all working together in your cup!
How to make it taste like the cherry limeade from Sonic
Instead of using water, simply switch it out for 7-up or sprite. It’s that easy! By using carbonation you can have yourself a nice refreshing and bubbly drink that saves you from the long waits at the drive thru.
Homemade Cherry Limeade Recipe
- 16 ounces maraschino cherries juice + cherries
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 cups water
- Blend the cherries and their juice until smooth. Strain, discarding the solids.
- Combine the cherry juice and the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Chill and serve!
Looking for more great recipes and ideas?
- Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Corn Side Dish Recipes
- Puff Pastry Cheese Danish
- Self Watering Window Box
- How to Make Cake Balls
- How to Make Ham Steak
- Mixed Fruit Cobbler
- Bottle Feeding Calves
- Bacon Green Beans
- Old Fashioned Apple Fritters
- Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe
- How Long Do You Cook Salmon on the Grill?
- Tart Crust
- Homemade Syrup Recipe
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Marinara
- Meat Hand Pie Recipe
- Almond Sugar Cookies