Pumpkin hot chocolate is so easy to make from scratch and the perfect warm drink on a cold day. Try out this easy recipe today!!
Making homemade hot chocolate is one of my favorite things to do once the weather turns cold. I love the smell and how creamy and delicious it is!! So much better than a packet.
If you’ve never made pumpkin hot chocolate, don’t worry! It’s super easy and only takes a few minutes. I love the combination of pumpkin and chocolate together and this delicious recipe is no exception!
How to Make Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- In a small saucepan, warm milk, pumpkin, and chocolate together.
- Stir them until they are all combined and the chocolate is melted.
- Add the spices and extract and bring to a simmer.
- Serve and enjoy!! So easy.
What kind of chocolate should I use for Pumpkin Hot Chocolate?
The answer to that question is ultimately up to you. Since the pumpkin adds a lot of flavor that isn’t sweet, I like to use milk chocolate when I make pumpkin hot chocolate. If you like a more bitter taste, try semi-sweet or bittersweet.
I also like to use a combination of semi-sweet and milk chocolate. I will often add half the chocolate and then taste as I go so I can get it just right!
Don’t forget to check out this amazing Instant Pot Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup. It looks so flavorful and is a perfect way to make a savory pumpkin recipe.
Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups milk whole milk is best
- 15 ounces pumpkin 1 regular can
- 1 cup chocolate chips milk chocolate is my preference, use what you prefer
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Stir until combined.
- Bring to a simmer. Turn off heat.
Looking for more great Fall recipes?
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Prime Rib Recipe
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Homemade Bread Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Banana Bread Recipe
- Layered Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Marinara Sauce
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Enchilada Recipe
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Potato Soup Recipe
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Caramel Syrup
- Alfredo Sauce Recipe