Instant pot carrots are a delicious and easy recipe. Perfect for a weekend or holiday, they are sure to impress!
Instant Pot carrots are a delicious and savory way to enjoy those long orange veggies.
Packed with vitamins and minerals, carrots are not only good- but good for you too! So finding new and exciting ways of adding them to your diet is always a huge plus in my books.
Thanks to the carrot Instant Pot recipe below, I think I’ve found an amazing lew-hassle way of cooking and serving up these fresh-tasting veggies. The lemon juice paired with the carrots helps to add a little acidity and keep the colors vibrant. So fun!
I love eating carrots all year long and thankfully they’re one of the easiest veggies for a gardener (novice or otherwise) to grow. Growing carrots means you can enjoy the fruits of your labor (well….vegetables of your labor) all season long.
This Instant Pot carrot recipe will taste even better knowing you grew the carrots with your own two hands, but storebought helps a farmer somewhere so it’s all good!
To make Instant Pot Carrots, you will need:
- Olive oil– this helps to coat the carrots and the inside of your Instant Pot, making things stick less and cook more evenly.
- Carrots– we want them peeled and trimmed, this keeps the dirt out and lets them look even better when finished.
- Salt and pepper: of course no good recipe is complete without these basic seasonings!
- Water: Instant Pots require liquid to work properly when cooking, so this water plays a very important role in not destroying the kitchen appliance.
- Lemon juice: Adding a little brightness and tangy goodness, this lemon juice will make the carrots taste refreshingly light.
How to make Instant Pot carrots
- Turn your Instant Pot on to saute mode.
- Add in the olive oil and the carrots, it’s okay if you have to cut the carrots in half to get them to fit.
- Cook until the carrots are lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the water and then cancel the saute mode.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the seal to the sealing position.
- Cook it on manual high pressure for 18 minutes.
- Do a quick release of the pressure and remove the carrots from the Instant Pot.
- Toss the carrots together with the lemon juice and then serve warm.
What goes good with cooked carrots?
Cooked carrots can go great with any number of foods, I think a nice roasted turkey, chicken, fish, or even pork would make for some great meaty ideas to serve alongside these carrots.
That said, the only limit is your imagination, so don’t be afraid to mix it up and serve them with anything that’s on the menu.
How long are leftover cooked carrots good for?
You can keep any cooked carrots stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days. They may begin to dry out the longer they stay in the fridge, so eating them fresh is always best for the tastiest results.
Instant Pot Carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound carrots peeled and trim
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Turn the instant pot on saute mode.
- Add the olive oil and carrots, they may need trimmed in half in order to fit.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the water. Cancel saute mode.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and turn to seal to sealing position.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 18 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure, remove from the Instant Pot and toss with the lemon juice.
Looking for more delicious recipes and great posts?
- Canned Corn
- Canned Green Beans
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Best Prime Rib Recipe in the World
- Caramel Apple Slices
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Where Does Beef Come From
- Gel Stain Garage Doors
- Dutch Oven Potatoes
- Beef Stroganoff From Scratch
- Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler
- No Bake Cheesecake without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing
- Cattle Panel Chicken Tractor