Take canned corn to a new level with this easy and flavorful canned corn recipe! This recipe makes getting your veggies in tasty!
Canned corn is a cheap way to get vegetables into your diet when the budget doesn’t allow for fresh. But not everyone enjoys the taste of canned corn, or they get tired of it because there is no flavor added.
This canned corn recipe will change your entire perspective of this side dish. Canned corn with peppers and bacon, might begin making a regular appearance on your meal plan. You can make canned corn into an easy and flavorful dish that the entire family loves!
This canned corn recipe uses chopped cooked bacon, a minced red pepper, and minced onion, so you just know that it’s going to have an almost southern or fiesta flavor profile.
A creative idea is taking this recipe and adding in a little Tajin, sour cream, and cotija cheese to have it tasting like Mexican street corn. Of course, you can also just eat it as is, because the flavors are great!
The crunchy salty bacon melding with the sweet, crisp corn and soft sweet peppers and onions make this dish one that covers all of the best flavor profiles in each bite.
Canned corn recipes are pretty easy to make and prepare.
- This one is no different, simply cook the bacon in a pan, and drain almost all of the bacon grease when you’re done.
- Add in your onions and peppers, cooking until the onions are soft.
- Then drain half of the liquid from the can of corn and add the remaining corn and liquid into the pan cooking until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the bacon back into the pan and stir to combine.
Having cans of corn and other vegetables in your pantry is a great way to keep food on hand for cheap. Canned vegetables often cost significantly less than frozen or fresh, and they can last for years.
While canned corn does contain a little more sodium than fresh or frozen, the nutrients are pretty much the same (just a small decrease in Vitamin D).
Keeping a hearty stockpile of shelf stables fruits and vegetables is an excellent way to stay prepared for emergencies because you never need to worry about there not being enough food to feed your family.
When the weather is bad, the car breaks down, or life just gets in the way, and you need to pull a cheap dinner together using what’s already in your home, canned food recipes can be a great way to do it without sacrifice. This canned corn and peppers recipe will have you forget your troubles and enjoy a taste of a simpler life.
Looking for more easy vegetable recipes??
- Easy Canned Corn Recipe
- Flavorful Canned Green Bean Recipe
- How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
- How to Cook Frozen Peas
- Minty Peas Recipe
- Canned Green Beans with Bacon
- Oven Roasted Carrots
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Beets
- Lemon and Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Baked Butternut Squash
- How to Cook Zucchini on the Stovetop
Canned Corn Recipe with Peppers + Bacon
- 2 strips bacon chopped
- 1/3 cup red pepper minced
- 1/3 cup onion minced, yellow or purple
- 1 can corn about 15 ounces
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain bacon grease, leaving 2 tablespoons in the pan.
- Add the onions and peppers, cook until translucent.
- Drain half of the liquid off of the canned corn.
- Add the corn and half the liquid into the pan with the onion and peppers.
- Cook until almost all the liquid is evaporated.
- Add bacon back into the pan. Stir to combine.