Oven roasted broccoli is really the best broccoli recipe. This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to get on the table and it’s so easy to customize and make your own.
I love roasting vegetables! It is such an easy way to prepare veggies, I always try to have veggies or fruit with every meal, but who has time to make a complicated side dish?? Not me. This oven roasted broccoli is one of our favorites.
There are 3 simple steps to roasting any vegetable.
How to Roast Broccoli
- Wash and cut broccoli.
- Coat with olive oil.
- Mix and work into an even layer on the sheet tray without crowding the vegetables.
- Roast in the oven until just tender and browned.
I keep the seasoning for this oven roasted broccoli pretty simple, just salt and pepper and some garlic powder.
You can add lemon zest or parmesan, or both. I usually keep it simple though because I forget to make a vegetable until dinner is almost done 90% of the time. Ha!
There are only two tricks to know when roasting vegetables – get all the vegetables into an even layer…
…and don’t crowd the pan! Crowding the pan will result in moisture, which won’t let the broccoli roast properly.
That’s it! An easy recipe that really is the best broccoli recipe! Tell me, what is your FAVORITE vegetable to roast?? I have a fantastic oven roasted carrots recipe and a delicious crispy oven roasted potato recipe!
Looking for more delicious veggie recipes??
- Oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic
- Oven Roasted Carrots
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Beets
- Green Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Easy Canned Corn Recipe
- Flavorful Canned Green Beans
- Fried Parmesan Zucchini
- The Best Way to Make Zucchini
- Baked Butternut Squash
- How to Cook Frozen Peas
- How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
The Best Broccoli Recipe - Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 4 cups broccoli fresh, chopped, about 2 heads
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder see note
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and chop broccoli, dry.
- Spread on a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Toss to combine and coat the broccoli.
- Spread the broccoli into an even layer on the sheet tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the broccoli is browned and tender.