Instant Pot steamed broccoli is a delicious and easy way to get more vegetables on the table. It is fast and packed with flavor!
With fresh broccoli, red pepper flakes, and an Instant Pot handy, you can have a simple and easy vegetable side dish ready in minutes. Perfect for when you’re busy and can’t be bothered to watch a pot on the stove.
I love using my Instant Pot and I’m sure you do too. It’s an incredibly easy no hassle way to make a wide variety of dishes and recipes.
I especially love it when I want to spend less time in the kitchen on a hot summer day or I’m busy making a complicated main dish and can’t divert my attention for too long to worry about side dishes.
I can always trust that my Instant Pot is going to give me something good in the end.
Using an Instant Pot is easy and fun. I have so many different Instant Pot recipes on this blog and tons of tips for using an Instant Pot included in a variety or posts on here.
But whether you’re a novice at using this appliance or someone with a lot of experience, this recipe is simple enough for everyone to figure out.
If you love broccoli like I do then you might also be interested in my Oven Roasted Broccoli or my Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup, both are fabulous. And as an added bonus, if you find yourself with leftover steamed broccoli, you can add it to the soup.
You could also use leftover Instant Pot broccoli as a topping over your favorite cheesy baked potatoes or as an added ingredient in an egg casserole.
There’s a lot of versatile options out there! Of course, those options all depend on whether or not you actually have leftover broccoli to begin with. This recipe is so good there might not be much (if any) left!)
How to make Instant Pot broccoli
- Pour the requested amount of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. This is needed as it will not only help to create steam but also help the Instant Pot to come to pressure accurately.
- Add your trivet to the pot. Most Instant Pots come with this already, but they can also be purchased aftermarket and they really come in handy!
- Place your chopped broccoli on the trivet. We don’t want it touching the water, just hovering above it if that makes sense.
- Next, place the lid on the Instant Pot and place the seal into the sealed position.
- Set it to high pressure for exactly 3 minutes. It will take additional time to come up to pressure, but this recipe is still fairly quick.
- Once the time has passed, manually release the pressure on the Instant Pot so that the broccoli doesn’t become overcooked. You can do this by pushing the valve with a wooden spoon so that your hand doesn’t get too close to the steam.
- Remove the broccoli from the Instant Pot and then place it into your serving bowl.
- Add the olive oil, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and salt.
- Toss the ingredients together until well coated and serve alongside your favorite meal.
Is steamed broccoli healthy?
Absolutely! Unlike other vegetable preparation methods, steaming helps the vegetables to retain more of their natural properties.
So the minerals, vitamins, and other great stuff are still located inside. The nutrient loss during the cooking process is pretty minimal compared to eating it fresh and it still tastes great, so enjoy your healthy steamed broccoli!
What goes good with steamed broccoli?
Steamed broccoli goes great with just about everything and then some! Served alongside some cheesy macaroni, cooked chicken, or a red sauce Italian dish and you’ll always have a winner.
It’s one of the most versatile vegetables that can pair along with any great meal.
Instant Pot Broccoli
- 1 pound broccoli fresh, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pour the water in the bottom of the instant pot.
- Add the trivet.
- Place the broccoli on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and place the seal to the "sealing" position.
- Set to High Pressure for 3 minutes.
- Once the time is done, release the pressure.
- Remove the broccoli from the instant pot and place in a bowl.
- Toss with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Pastina (Old Family Classic)
- Canned Corn
- Canned Green Beans
- Best Prime Rib Recipe
- What is Brine
- How to Cook Ham Steak
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Green Beans
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Blackberry Syrup
- Caramel Apple Slices
- Dutch Oven Chicken Breast
- Can you Freeze Potato Soup
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Herb Bread Recipe
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Dutch Oven Potatoes
Quick and flavorful!