Cheesy broccoli and cauliflower soup is creamy, and packed with cauliflower and broccoli! Ready in just 30 minutes, this soup will be an instant hit.
I have tried to develop this broccoli and cauliflower soup recipe a number of times, and every time it just wasn’t quite right. When this happens, I usually take a break and re-visit the recipe later. Last week I gave it another go and focused on a simple recipe and it came together so easily! I am in love with this broccoli and cauliflower soup recipe!
I usually make soups like this for lunch, or for dinner when Andy is going to be out of town. He isn’t a huge vegetable fan so this broccoli and cauliflower soup is not his idea of a delicious meal. HA! But Abram and I loved it. We have been eating it all week long!
The reason I love this recipe is that even though it is purred, it still has a rough texture and you can taste the broccoli and cauliflower. I kept the cheese mix simple as well, monterey jack for that perfect melt with a little parm to give it a kick.
The “secret” ingredient is a pinch of nutmeg. Nutmeg has this magical quality when added to creamy dishes, it enhances all the flavors and makes everything taste even more decadent and delicious.
I feel like this broccoli and cauliflower soup has a great balance of cream to veggies to cheese, you can taste everything – all the flavors are there and nothing is too overpowering. It’s simply divine!
And of course, some nice crusty bread is mandatory! Check out my homemade bread recipe or this amazing round-up post of 40+ Insanely Delicious Yeast Bread Recipes to by Gather for Bread find the perfect match!
Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups stock vegetable or chicken
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup broccoli rough chop (see note)
- 1 cup cauliflower rough chop (see note)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add flour and stir until all the onions are coated. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add stock, stirring consistently.
- Add milk, broccoli, and cauliflower. Bring to a boil and then simmer until flavors are melded, about 8 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, blend soup (off the heat) until it has an even texture, or to your preference.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, both cheeses, cream and nutmeg.
- Simmer until cheese is melted.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Green Bean Recipe
- Prime Rib Recipe
- Enchilada Recipe
- Marinara Sauce
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Pork Chop Marinade
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Homemade Brownies
- Easy Chili Recipe
- Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- Homemade Bread
- Homemade Lasagna
- Tuscan Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie