Oven roasted cauliflower is a simple and easy side dish that your whole family will love! Crispy and bursting with flavor!
There is a joke going around that nothing has received as big of a glow up over the past 10 years as cauliflower. It has gone from broccoli’s ugly cousin to becoming somewhat of a staple in every home.
Being able to transition from a simple veggie into rice, pizza crust, and soup bases are both an extreme accomplishment as well as a healthy person dream come true.
Today I’m going to show you how to simply make a delicious oven roasted cauliflower. While it’s not as mainstream as cauliflower ice cream it is still a great side dish to include on your dinner table. Even the picky eaters will be intrigued by this simple recipe.
The great thing about cauliflower is that it is almost always in season. There are only 2 months a year where you may see the prices rise a little, or the shelves may not be as fully stocked as they could be.
With such a short off-season window you may not even notice it at all! That means that you can feel comfortable with your budget by using this oven roasted cauliflower recipe any time of the year!
How to roast cauliflower in the oven
After washing and chopping cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, mix them with the ingredients and lay them out flat on a cooking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes and they’re done.
To make the job even simpler, you can toss the ingredients and cauliflower together inside a zipper-topped bag and save yourself a bowl to clean up.
While oven roasted cauliflower is incredibly easy to make, some people can feel a little intimidated by the idea of buying a fresh cauliflower from the store.
Here are a few helpful tips to make sure you get a good one on your first try!
- Look for a clean, white head that is compact with tight bud clusters.
- Avoid any with black or dark spots if at all possible.
- Heads that are surrounded by a lot of thick green leaves are not only better protected but can also stay fresh longer.
Tip: Cauliflower will keep up to 5 days in your fridge when stored in an open dry container or in the crisper section. Always store them stem side up to prevent moisture build-up, and if you buy pre-cut florets, enjoy them within a day of purchase because they do not keep well.
Looking for more delicious veggie recipes??
- Oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic
- Oven Roasted Carrots
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Beets
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Green Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Easy Canned Corn Recipe
- Flavorful Canned Green Beans
- Fried Parmesan Zucchini
- The Best Way to Make Zucchini
- Baked Butternut Squash
- How to Cook Frozen Peas
- How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower cored and washed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Chop cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl or zip-top bag, toss cauliflower with olive oil, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Spread on a baking sheet (lined or just sprayed with cooking spray) in an even layer making sure there is space between the pieces so they roast instead of steaming.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden brown.