This pan-fried parmesan zucchini recipe is a delicious, easy and unique way to use up your plentiful garden harvest. This simple recipe is sure to be a hit.
Tis the season for Zucchini! And I love it.
I know everyone is always trying to pawn off their zucchini but I hoard mine. I love putting it in all sorts of things. My latest favorite has been making this pan-fried parmesan zucchini recipe.
The trick to making delicious fried zucchini is to have your pan hot enough. You will want to fry the zucchini on medium-high heat, this will let the sliced zucchini brown nicely without getting to mushy.
I like to use a little bit of butter to fry the zucchini, it browns nicely which also helps eliminate mushy zucchini. The parmesan breading mixture is so easy to whip up, you won’t be sorry you went to the extra effort! Just look at that crust!
I also just shred everything I can’t use right away and put it in 2 cup portions in the freezer. That way, I can use it all throughout the year. If it is going into a baked good or sauce, I always use shredded. It blends in better that way, which my family appreciates. Check out my full post on the best way to store zucchini here!
Need more awesome zucchini recipes?
- The Best Zucchini Bread Muffins
- How to Cook Zucchini on the Stovetop
- Beef Taco Filling
- Pasta Alla Andy: Zucchini and Sausage Spaghetti
- The Best Zucchini Recipes
This fried zucchini recipe is so super easy and SO delicious. I love to eat this parmesan zucchini plain or serve it up at a party with marinara sauce for dipping. It can be a nice veggie side for a pasta dish as well. Who doesn’t love a versatile and delicious zucchini recipe?? Let me know your favorite way to serve this in the comments below!
Looking for more delicious veggie recipes??
- Oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic
- Oven Roasted Carrots
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Beets
- Green Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Easy Canned Corn Recipe
- Flavorful Canned Green Beans
- Baked Butternut Squash
- How to Cook Frozen Peas
- How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
Fried Parmesan Zucchini Recipe
- 3 cups zucchini sliced, about 2-3 medium sized zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs plain
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup flour all purpose
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whisk the eggs with the water in a shallow dish, like a pie plate. Set aside.
- In another shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Place the flour in another shallow dish.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Place each zucchini slice in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture. Shake off the excess at each step.
- Place the breaded zucchini slices in the hot pan, waiting until the bottoms are golden brown to flip. This should take about 3 minutes per side, tongs or a dinner fork usually work best for flipping them over.
- Place cooked zucchini on a paper towel lined plate so the extra butter and oil can be drained off.
- Parmesan zucchini can be served hot or cold. Serve with marinara sauce or plain.