Homemade chicken alfredo is an easy recipe the whole family is sure to love! It only takes one pot and 30 minutes to whip up this delicious dinner!
This recipe is one of my families ultimate favorites!! It’s creamy, dreamy, flavorful, filling, and the clean-up is a breeze. First, let’s talk ingredients.
What goes in chicken alfredo?
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Salt, pepper, and parsley
- Parmesan cheese
The ingredient list is pretty simple!! I like to use heavy cream for this recipe, sometimes called double cream or whipping cream. They will all work and the chicken alfredo sauce will turn out delicious no matter what.
What Pasta to Use for Chicken Alfredo?
Traditionally, fettucini is used when making any kind of alfredo pasta with sauce. I like to switch it up and have used just about everything. Long pasta’s like fettuccini or spaghetti work well, or short tubular pasta like penne or rigatoni work too.
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Alfredo
First, make sure you are using quality ingredients. This makes such a huge difference in how the chicken alfredo will turn out.
Make sure that you are using enough salt!! If you under season the pasta, it will taste bland and lack flavor. Salting food appropriately enhances all the natural flavors of the dish.
Make sure the chicken is getting browned in step 2. You want the heat high enough to get a nice golden brown on the outside of the chicken chunks. This gives the chicken a great flavor and texture but also the entire alfredo pasta dish.
Looking for more amazingly easy pasta recipes?
- 3 Ingredient Easy Alfredo Sauce
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Cheesy Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Quick Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- Slow Cooker Marinara
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Sausage Pasta Bake
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Pasta Primavera
- Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce
- Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Instant Pot Marinara
Check out these awesome side dish ideas!
- Homemade Focaccia Bread
- Easy Green Salad + Lemon Salad Dressing
- Cherry Tomato Salad
- Easy + Cheesy Garlic Bread
Homemade Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts medium
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound pasta any kind
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cube chicken. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken.
- Cook until browned, it may not be cooked through. Add garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add broth, pasta, salt, pepper, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 6 minutes, or until the pasta is almost done (time will vary depending on pasta type). Add more broth if necessary.
- Once pasta is almost cooked, add the cream and cook until done.
- Turn off the heat and add parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.