This easy pork chop marinade makes dinner prep so quick! Learn the quick hack and one-ingredient recipe for a delicious dinner.
One of my favorite ways to prepare pork chops is to marinate it and then pan fry it or grill it. This easy pork chop marinade is just that – so easy!! It’s literally one ingredient: Salad dressing!
I think the pork chops are best when marinated overnight. This lets the marinade really sink into the meat and flavor it fully. I think it also keeps the chops more moist when you marinate overnight.
How to Marinate Pork Chops for Frying
- Place pork chops into a zipper top bag or flat glass container.
- Pour easy pork chop marinade over the top.
- Cover, if you are using a glass container.
- Shut the bag and remove the excess air from it, if you are using a zipper top bag.
- Marinate overnight.
- Heat a skillet to medium-low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Once the oil is shimmering, add marinated pork chops to the pan.
- Fry for 4-ish minutes per side (exact time is determined by chop thickness and pan temperature) or until the center reaches 150ºF.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving and cutting.
What Kind of Pork Chops to Use for Grilling
When choosing pork chops, choose chops that will fit your preference. I like bone-in pork chops that are about 1 inch thick when I am grilling. If I am pan-frying, I prefer boneless pork chops that are a little thinner.
Whatever pork chops you choose, make sure you are using a meat thermometer to check when they are done! This will make sure they aren’t too dry and are perfectly done.
How long can pork chops marinate?
I like to let the pork chops marinate for at least 4 hours. The pork chops in this recipe can marinate for up to 24 hours.
You can also prepare pork chops in this marinade and then store them in the freezer. This is such a great way to prepare a freezer meal and makes dinner so easy.
More Pork Chop Recipes!
- Pork Chop Marinade for Grilling
- Pan-Seared Pork Chops
- Balsamic Pork Chops and Veggies
- Bacon Apple Pork Chops
- Mexican Pork Chop Marinade
- Asian Pork Chop Marinade
Easy Pork Chop Marinade
- 2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 6 pork chops can vary depending on size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place Italian salad dressing in a dish or zip top bag.
- Place the pork chops in the marinade.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours, up to 24 hours or freeze until ready to use.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Cook pork chops for about 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through or the center registers about 150ºF on an instant-read thermometer.