Oven-roasted brussel sprouts are an easy way to make a sweetened, caramelized and crunchy green vegetable come to life.
Well, not really come to life- that’d be a bit scary. I just meant that these little green mini cabbages just taste a million times better once roasted. It brings out all of the good flavors and makes them irresistible.
Making oven roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic vinegar is a great way to switch up the flavors once in a while.
With dried cranberries and chopped pecans, this side dish almost has a festive holiday feel. Perfect for serving alongside your next Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner!
Of course, brussel sprouts are available all year long, so don’t hold back in February, July, or August too. Any time of the year is a great time to bake up some easy roasted brussel sprouts!
The peak season for brussel sprouts is September through February so there are several months per year where you’ll find them on sale, giving you more excuses and opportunities to try them.
Ingredients Needed for Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Brussel Sprouts: We need 24 ounces (roughly) of fresh brussel sprouts for this recipe.
- Olive Oil: We just need a little bit of this to help coat the brussels so that they cook more evenly and brown nicely in the oven.
- Salt and Pepper: A basic and simple flavor combination of seasonings.
- Dried Cranberries: You can find these in snack sections, near the baking aisle’s raisins, and in health food sections of grocery stores.
- Pecans: A great way to add a little more flavor and crunch is by adding some chopped pecans. You can buy them whole and chop them yourself or buy them already chopped and save yourself the effort.
- Balsamic Vinegar: A great way to add a little flavor and tanginess to the dish. This is an optional ingredient, but it tastes great with everything else!
How to Make Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare your brussel sprouts by washing them well and removing the outer few leaves (this helps to peel away the dirt, ugly spots, and who knows what else.
- Slice the brussel sprouts in half lengthwise so that they’re still connected to the base of the sprout (this keeps them from falling apart later).
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss the brussel sprouts together with the olive oil, salt, pepper, pecans, and cranberries.
- Roast them in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until they are nicely browned.
- Toss the cooked brussel sprouts with some balsamic vinegar, if desired, and then serve.
Can I make Roasted Brussel Sprouts in the Instant Pot?
Absolutely, in fact, if you’re looking for a recipe that’s similar to this one then I have the perfect one for you to try!
My Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts are a simple and easy side dish that you’ll no doubt enjoy.
What goes with roasted brussel sprouts?
This recipe can be great alongside just about anything. With the tangy sweet and crunchy bits all combining together for a tasty flavor combination.
Serve it up with chicken, pork, beef, or even sausage and your meal will feel complete.
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 24 ounces brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar optional
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Slice the brussle sprouts in half.
- On a lined sheet pan, toss the brussle sprouts with the olive oil, salt, pepper, pecans, and cranberries.
- Roast for about 25 minutes, or until they are nicely browned.
- Toss with balsamic vinegar, if desired.
Looking for more delicious recipes and great posts?
- Canned Corn
- Canned Green Beans
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Best Prime Rib Recipe in the World
- Caramel Apple Slices
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Where Does Beef Come From
- Gel Stain Garage Doors
- Dutch Oven Potatoes
- Beef Stroganoff From Scratch
- Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler
- No Bake Cheesecake without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing
- Cattle Panel Chicken Tractor