This marinade recipe is absolutely wonderful and perfect for any occasion. Made with just a few simple ingredients and giving you the BEST tastes in every bite you’ll swear that your pork chops have never tasted so good!
Pork chops are a delicious meal option with so much potential. With so many cuts of chops and thicknesses, it’s hard to figure out just how you want to serve them up. Why not use a homemade pork chop marinade? Or better yet, why not use the best grilled pork chop marinade ever to exist? Keep reading, because we’ve got all the details, recipes, and more!
What Is a Pork Chop Marinade?
A marinade can be a wet or dry rub (in this case it’s a wet one). It’s made of seasonings, oil, and a little acidity/salty action going on. As meat soaks in the marinade for a few hours the meat becomes tender as a result of the salt and acids while soaking in the flavor of the spice mix. Sounds incredible right?
This marinade has a slightly sweet flavor from the wine and brown sugar, and the best part is you don’t need to let it sit for hours and hours to get the great flavor!
You can use dried rosemary instead of fresh, but if you have a windowsill, grow some fresh herbs! It will change your life in so many ways.
Marinades are one of my most favorite ways to keep the meat moist while giving a super easy prep. Just mix the marinade, soak the meat, and cook it up as desired. Super simple meals like this are perfect on busy workdays and lazy weekends.
How Long Can Pork Chops Marinate?
Marinades can be good for up to 24 hours if the meat is kept well covered in the fridge. That said, most marines usually request you to marinate meats for 4-8 hours. This is great for tossing things together before work but our marinade is even faster!
With this sweet pork marinade recipe, you only need to marinate the meat for 30 minutes. Yes, you could go longer than that, but at least 30 minutes is still great. The meat is moist, tender, and well flavored.
I enjoy cooking my marinated pork chops on the grill so that we can get a nice smokey flavor to pair well with the flavors we have going on.
How to grill pork chops on a gas grill
Grilling is simple and easy and always perfect on a nice summer’s day but there are a few tricks to learn so that they can turn out perfectly cooked every time. These tricks include what temp to grill pork chops and how long to do so.
You want to make sure that you cook the chops on medium to high heat (or somewhere within 350 degrees F to 450 degrees F.) Medium heat is usually best for helping to make sure that the outside isn’t overcooked while the inside of the chop is still raw, a common issue that happens when the heat of a grill is too high.
Using an instant-read meat thermometer can help to make sure that your pork chops are cooked to a safe temp of 160 degrees F but know in advance that the cuts of chops can vary greatly in the cooking time.
Most chops can be finished cooking anywhere between 5 to 15 minutes so this is a really fast process. Include the time to marinate the meat and you’re looking at flavorful grilled pork chops within an hour from start to finish.
How to make grilled marinated pork chops
- For the marinade, you will need to combine all of the ingredients and mix well. You can do this in a mason jar, bowl, or zip-top bag.
- Place your 4-6 pork chops into a zip-top bag and pour the marinade over the top.
- Lay the bag flat and make sure that the marinade is covering all of the chops.
- Marinate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- To grill the pork chops, preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Place the marinated pork chops on the grill and then cook for 4 minutes per side. The time will vary depending on the thickness and cut of the chop.
- Grill the chops on both sides until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Serve with your favorite summer side dishes and enjoy!
Easy Pork Chop Marinade for Grilling
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 6 pork chops medium to thin cut
For the Marinade
- Combine all marinade ingredients and mix well. This is easily done in a mason jar.
- Put 4-6 pork chops in a zip top bag and pour the marinade over top.
- Lay flat and make sure the marinade is covering all the chops.
- Marinate for 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
To Grill Pork Chops
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Place marinated pork chops on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side – this time will vary depending on how thick your pork chops are.
- Grill on both sides until the internal temperature registers 160 degrees (F).
Looking for more great recipes and ideas?
- What is Brine
- How to Cut an Onion
- Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- How to Make Candy
- How to Make Nachos with Ground Beef
- St. Louis Ribs Crock Pot
- Herb Bread
- PVC Pipe Chicken Feeder
- Pecan Crescent Cookies
- Green Bean Seasoning
- Butterbeer Ingredients
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib
- How Do I Make Hummingbird Food
- How to Tell if Steak is Done
- Baked Barbeque Chicken Thighs
- Beef Stroganoff from Scratch
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- How Long to Smoke Beef Ribs