This pork chop marinade comes together in minutes and is delicious every time. Use it on the grill or on the stovetop, either way, is great!
What is a Pork Chop Marinade?
Marinades rock my world. Why? It’s one of the best ways to keep the meat moist during cooking AND it’s also one of the easiest ways to prepare it! Win-win. I love coming up with marinade recipes, and this easy pork chop marinade for grilling is my new favorite!
A marinade is just a mix of oil and flavorings that you let the meat sit in for an extended period of time, in this case, pork! It lets the flavors really soak into the meat and keeps it nice and moist while you cook it up.
I put this together before we left on a camping trip this summer, I wanted to grill pork chops but wanted to keep them flavorful and moist.
Pork hasn’t been high on my cravings list for this pregnancy. Since then, I’ve actually wanted to buy pork chops just so I could make this pork chop marinade for grilling again.
Walking through the meat section of the store has become an increasing struggle this pregnancy. I have to hold my breath most of the time!
How Long Can Pork Chops Marinate?
This marinade has a slightly sweet flavor from the wine and brown sugar, and the best part is you don’t need to let it sit for hours and hours to get the great flavor!
You can let it go up to 24 hours in the refrigerator, but if you only remember to throw the chops in an hour or two before you eat, you’ll still get great flavor.
You can use dried rosemary instead of fresh, but if you have a windowsill, grow some fresh herbs! It will change your life in so many ways.
How to Make Pork Chop Marinade
Making a marinade is easy! All you have to do is combine the marinade ingredients and let the pork sit in them, covered, in the fridge. I like to mix the marinade right in an 8×8 baking dish and put the pork chops in the dish to marinate.
Alternatively, you could mix the marinade in a bag and then add the pork chops to the bag. This works really well if you’re making these on the go like we were!
Looking for more great pork chop recipes??
- Easy Pork Chop Marinade
- Pan-Seared Pork Chops
- Balsamic Pork Chops and Veggies
- Bacon Apple Pork Chops
- Mexican Pork Chop Marinade
- Asian Pork Chop Marinade
Easy Pork Chop Marinade for Grilling
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 6 pork chops medium to thin cut
For the Marinade
- Combine all marinade ingredients and mix well. This is easily done in a mason jar.
- Put 4-6 pork chops in a zip top bag and pour the marinade over top.
- Lay flat and make sure the marinade is covering all the chops.
- Marinate for 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
To Grill Pork Chops
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Place marinated pork chops on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side - this time will vary depending on how thick your pork chops are.
- Grill on both sides until the internal temperature registers 160 degrees (F).