This delicious turkey salad with raspberry vinaigrette is amazingly delicious and the perfect use for Thanksgiving leftovers! Flavorful, light, and tasty!
If you’re looking for an amazing and light salad option for when the Thanksgiving feast is over, this raspberry vinaigrette turkey salad is a great one!
With this raspberry vinaigrette recipe, you can have a delicious salad (worthy of any restaurant) within minutes. So whether you want to change up your boring salad routine or impress dinner guests with your “cooking” skills, this raspberry vinaigrette can really deliver on that “wow factor.”
The flavors of this turkey salad recipe work so well together, but of course, you don’t NEED to use leftover Thanksgiving turkey- that would force you to wait a whole year between salads!
You can switch out the turkey for chicken or cook up a turkey breast for dinner throughout the year just so you can indulge in a delicious day-after salad.
You can add this turkey salad and homemade raspberry vinaigrette recipe to your meal plans or weekly food prep routine to really switch it up a bit.
Change out the salad type here and there for a slightly different variation. Maybe subbing the Romain for dandelion greens or spinach. I bet spinach would be AMAZING with this salad!
How to make this raspberry vinaigrette salad
- In a mason jar (with a sealed lid), combine the vinaigrette ingredients and shake. This gives you both a convenient way to mix the ingredients and a handy way to store any leftovers!
- Let your raspberry vinaigrette sit for 10 minutes to let the flavors blend together and become even more amazing. Trust me; it’s worth it.
- Then simply toss the salad ingredients together and dress with as much vinaigrette as your heart wants.
How long does homemade raspberry vinaigrette last?
Raspberry vinaigrette, when properly sealed within your fridge, can last up to 7 days. A sealed mason jar (like the one we made it in) is the perfect place to keep it when it’s not in use!
While you may not want to eat it as it ages too far, giving it that extra day or two after making the dressing can really get those flavors to develop. This makes it a perfect make-ahead recipe!
Do you have to refrigerate homemade vinaigrette?
It’s always best to refrigerate homemade vinaigrettes even if they don’t contain fresh ingredients because it helps them to last longer, and keeping food in the fridge is almost always a better safety option. Simply shake the dressing before each use to reincorporate the separated oils, and you’re good to go!
Turkey Salad + Raspberry Vinaigrette
For the Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Turkey Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cup turkey chopped
- 1/2 purple onion sliced
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a jar. Shake and let sit at least 10 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Toss together the salad ingredients. Dress with the vinaigrette.