Cinnamon butternut roasted squash is a delicious sweet spiced side dish that your table is missing. Easy to make in the Instant Pot!
With squash always being cheap this time of year, why not try more ways to use it in your everyday cooking? Or save this recipe for your holiday table and watch the excitement grow.
Making this Instant Pot butternut squash is simple and easy- thanks to the Instant Pot!
It’s easy to prepare as well, making it a perfect addition for any meal, and with the little work that you have to do, it can be great alongside any meal.
This Instant Pot butternut squash will no doubt be on your “to-do list” every fall when those seasonal prices drop and squash becomes abundant in stores again.
Ingredients for cinnamon butternut squash
- Butter– This will help us to saute the squash and add a little richness in taste to the overall results.
- Butternut squash– You’ll want it to be peeled and diced into about 1 inch sized cubes. Will this ensure even cooking and tastier results!
- Brown sugar– adding a little sweetness, caramelization, and depth of flavor.
- Cinnamon– Adding an earthy and nutty flavor and spice that really makes this dish taste like Autumn.
- Thyme– This will add a little savory flavor and more earth tones to help round out the other flavors in this dish.
- Salt and pepper– Just a little salt and pepper will really help to enhance the flavors and add a little something extra.
- Water– This is what we need to use so that the Instant Pot can get to pressure and heat the squash evenly. Don’t worry, it will be absorbed or evaporate so that the squash isn’t too soggy.
How to Make Instant Pot Butternut Squash
- Turn your Instant Pot onto saute mode and set it to high heat.
- Melt the butter in the pot.
- Add the butternut squash, brown sugar, cinnamon, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Saute the ingredients and mix together until the squash is browned. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Add in the cup of water.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and then turn the vent to the sealing position.
- Cook it on manual high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Serve alongside your meal and enjoy the fabulous flavors you’ve brought to the table.
How to tell if your butternut squash is ripe
When looking at your butternut squash you want it to be a non-glossy color with a hard skin.
The color should be even throughout with no visible signs of any green color anywhere on it. If there is green, it’s not ready yet.
What flavors pair well with butternut squash?
Butternut squash is naturally sweet when it’s ripe and cooked. It pairs well with any fall or winter spice such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, or allspice.
Adding a little bit of sugar, maple syrup, or honey can help to sweeten it up and really make it taste great.
Serve it alongside anything from a roasted turkey to a holiday baked ham. It can even hold it’s own as a side dish for chicken or cooked sausage.
It’s pretty versatile and goes great with a side of roasted green vegetables like brussel sprouts too!
Cinnamon Butternut Squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- Turn the Instant Pot onto saute mode on high.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the butternut squash, brown sugar, cinnamon, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Saute until the sqush is browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Turn the vent to sealing position.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release the pressure.
Looking for more delicious recipes and great posts?
- Canned Corn
- Canned Green Beans
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Best Prime Rib Recipe in the World
- Caramel Apple Slices
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Where Does Beef Come From
- Gel Stain Garage Doors
- Dutch Oven Potatoes
- Beef Stroganoff From Scratch
- Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler
- No Bake Cheesecake without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing
- Cattle Panel Chicken Tractor