Dutch oven blueberry cobbler only uses 3 ingredients and is so delicious! Get the instructions for baking with coals or in the oven.
This 3 ingredients Dutch oven blueberry cobbler will change your life for the better.
Imagine camping under the stars during the warm fall nights. The only thing missing is a delicious bowl of hot and ready blueberry cobbler.
While a traditional blueberry cobbler recipe would have you using multiple ingredients and mixing the top and the filling separately in two different containers only to layer them together in a baking dish, this Dutch oven cobbler is different.
How to make this Dutch oven blueberry cobbler
- Open your can of blueberry pie filling and pour it over the bottom of your Dutch oven. Spread it out evenly as best as you can.
- Then take your box of dry yellow cake mix and pour it over the top. Try to sprinkle it evenly and to cover as much of the blueberry filling as possible.
- After doing that, open the Sprite soda and pour it over the top. While this may sound weird, the carbonation in the soda and the ingredients in the cake mix work together to allow the dish to cook properly and turn out great.
- Once you’ve done those three things, you can put the lid over the Dutch oven cobbler and start applying the hot coals to cook it.
- Place about 15 coals over the top of the Dutch oven and 5-8 of them underneath. Make sure to position them as evenly around the dutch oven as possible to ensure even cooking.
- After applying the hot coals, let it bake for about 20-30 minutes until the top is brown and the blueberry cobbler is bubbly.
Alternatively, you can also cook this blueberry cobbler recipe in the oven
- To cook it in the oven you will need to follow the same preparation steps as above, only instead of using hot coals, you’ll use an oven that is preheated to 350 degrees.
- The baking time is the same and in 30 minutes or less, you could be enjoying a freshly baked Dutch oven blueberry cobbler.
As an added benefit of cooking it inside your own home, you can enjoy it with fresh vanilla ice cream or whipped topping from your freezer.
Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 22 ounces blueberry pie filling one can, this can vary slightly
- 12 ounces Sprite one can
- Spread blueberry pie filling evenly over the bottom of the dutch oven.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the top.
- Pour Sprite evenly over the top.
- Place lid on the dutch oven and place about 15 coals on top and 5-8 underneath.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the top is brown and bubbly.
To Bake in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bake prepared cobbler for 20-30 minutes until the top is brown and bubbly.
Looking for more great recipes and ideas?
- What is Brine
- How to Cut an Onion
- Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- How to Make Candy
- How to Make Nachos with Ground Beef
- St. Louis Ribs Crock Pot
- Herb Bread
- PVC Pipe Chicken Feeder
- Pecan Crescent Cookies
- Green Bean Seasoning
- Butterbeer Ingredients
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib
- How Do I Make Hummingbird Food
- How to Tell if Steak is Done
- Baked Barbeque Chicken Thighs
- Beef Stroganoff from Scratch
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- How Long to Smoke Beef Ribs