7 layer taco dip is a tasty appetizer that’s perfect for tailgate parties, fiestas, or even snacking and lounging around the house on the weekend.
THIS is the Layered Taco Dip Recipe You Need
This layered taco dip recipe is the perfect balance of every ingredient. The layers will keep the guacamole from going brown and the cheese won’t get soggy.
With this easy taco dip recipe, you can enjoy this snack with less prep and cleanup. Amazing, right?
Making this 7 layer taco dip with ground beef is a great way to help hold everyone over until the main course arrives, but it’s also filling enough it could become the main course too. I mean, there’s meat, cheese, and vegetables already packed in there, so a convincing argument could be made.
With this low hassle 7 layer dip, you can have your appetizing dish ready in no time at all. Less time working, more time eating! Just don’t forget the chips. If you want to keep it meatless, just leave out the meat and mix the taco seasoning into the beans. That is the method I used in the video!
7 Layer Dip with Meat Ingredients
- Taco seasoning: You can use one packet of storebought and premade taco seasoning or you can follow my super simple taco seasoning recipe and just use ¼ cup of that instead.
- Refried beans: We only need 1 can of store-bought refried beans. Grab your favorite variety.
- Ground beef: Of course a taco dip with ground beef needs ground beef, but we only need ½ pound of it to cover an entire layer with meat.
- Guacamole: Grab your favorite premade guacamole (or make it yourself) but this green avocado mix is one layer you don’t want to forget.
- Salsa: Here’s a burst of red color and a chance to kick up the heat. Grab your favorite salsa and layer it on there.
- Sour cream: Adding in a tangy and creamy texture that pairs great with the other flavors is a layer of sour cream.
- Cheese: Of course we need cheese too! I like to use pre-shredded Mexican blend cheese but you can use cheddar too if preferred.
- Olives and green onions: Sprinkling over the top are some chopped black olives and sliced green onions making this dish more appealing, and tastier. Yum!
How to make Layered Taco Dip with Ground Beef
- In a bowl, or in a large pot combine your cooked ground beef with the taco seasoning and refried beans until well mixed.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Spread your guacamole over the top as evenly as you can.
- Follow that up with a nice ad even layer of your favorite salsa.
- Spread the sour cream over the top of the salsa.
- Evenly spread the cheese over the sour cream.
- Sprinkle the olives over the top of the cheese.
- Follow that up with a nice sprinkling of sliced green onions too.
- Place the 7 layer dip in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Taco Dip with Beef Serving Suggestions
This dip is perfect as an appetizer. It’s awesome for parties, taco night, or as a stand-alone dish for a snack dinner.
How to store 7 Layer Taco Dip
Cover the 7 layer dip with plastic wrap, but press the plastic wrap down on top of the cheese so that it doesn’t collect moisture and drip onto the cheese.
7 Layer Taco Dip Recipe FAQ
While guacamole does being to turn brown the moment it is exposed to oxygen, in this layered dip it can actually maintain its green color longer.
As long as you have the layer of guacamole nicely and completely covered with the sour cream layer on top, you can help prevent it from being exposed to the air too long and allow it to stay a nice and vibrant shade of green. Making it much more appealing to your party!
Many of the items in this dip wouldn’t taste good heated in the oven so it is best served cold. Serve it alongside hot dishes and baked sides and enjoy a nice cold taco dip too. Serving it cold is also a great way to enjoy it on a warmer day!
Keep your taco dip stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Keep in mind that it should be well wrapped and covered at all times, when not being eaten and that the longer it sits in the fridge, the more “watery” the dish may become asa the ingredients begin to soften and mix together.
Your taco dip might be runny if you use a really watery salsa. Try using a thicker salsa so that it doesn’t get water into the rest of the dip. Follow the directions above for covering the taco dip to avoid extra moisture.
7 layer dip is made of refried beans, ground beef, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, olives, and green onions.
Other Dip Recipes to Try:
7 Layer Taco Dip with Beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning about 1/4 cup
- 1 cans refried beans about 15 ounces per can
- 1/2 pound ground beef cooked
- 7.5 ounces guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cheese shredded mexican blend
- 1/3 cup olives chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Combine the taco seasoning, beans, and ground beef.
- Spread in the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Spread the guacamole over the top.
- Spread the salsa over the top.
- Spread the sour cream over the top.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the top.
- Spread the olives over the top.
- Spread the green onions over the top.
- Refridgerate until ready to serve.
Looking for more delicious recipes and great posts?
- Canned Corn
- Canned Green Beans
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Best Prime Rib Recipe in the World
- Caramel Apple Slices
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Where Does Beef Come From
- Gel Stain Garage Doors
- Dutch Oven Potatoes
- Beef Stroganoff From Scratch
- Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler
- No Bake Cheesecake without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing
- Cattle Panel Chicken Tractor
I love this dip!