Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is so easy to make and the perfect family meal. Completely homemade and packed with incredible flavor!
The first time I remember eating Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili was after I had my first knee surgery. I remember waking up shortly after getting home from the hospital and my mom appearing with a giant bowl of delicious, creamy, flavorful, white chicken chili.
It was exactly what I needed, the perfect comfort food! And it may not have played out exactly like that, I’m sure I was on some heavy pain meds shortly after coming home, but that’s what I remember. Leave it to me to remember food in every aspect of my life, even surgical ones.
I’ve been making my version of this classic comfort soup for years. It’s one of my absolute favorites in the winter time. I make a mean meat lovers chili and that is always delicious, but I love the simplicity of this slow cooker white chicken chili.
It also happens to be one of the easiest meals I make because I make it all in the slow cooker. Slow cooker meals are lifesavers on busy days! Since this is a soup and will just get more delicious the longer it cooks, I put this on first thing in the morning and let it cook all day long.
Plus that makes my house smell amazingly delicious. Tell me, what is better than coming home on a cold day to a house that is warm and smells like slow cooker white chicken chili?
Nothing. The answer is nothing. Nothing is better than that!
What I’m trying to say is, this slow cooker white chicken chili will make you mom of the year, wife of the year, friend of the year, or maybe even dog owner of the year. It’s that good. You don’t have to tell anyone how easy it is, send them here and let me tell them, ha!
Want some awesome homemade tortillas to dunk into the soup? Check out my Pork Street Tacos recipe for the low down on how to make ’em 🙂
Looking for more great recipes?
- Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Homemade Biscuits
- How to Make Meatloaf
- Easy Chili Recipe
- Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- Homemade Bread
- Chicken and Noodles
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Beef Short Ribs Recipe
- Poppy Seed Chicken
- Homemade Lasagna
- Tuscan Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Best Baked Potato
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 2 chicken breasts large
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves minced or crushed
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 4 oz diced green chilies 1 small can, see note
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces can white beans or great northern beans 1 can, drained
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- In a crock pot, combine chicken broth, garlic, onions, chilies, oregano, cumin, cayenne and salt and pepper.
- Stir briefly to combine.
- Nestle chicken breasts in liquid mixture.
- Cook on low up to 8 hours, the chicken will be cooked through in as little as 3.
- 30 minutes before serving, shred chicken. Add in the beans and sour cream.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, Monterey jack cheese, green onions, lime wedges and homemade tortillas, if desired.
One of our favorite soups!