Creamy Tuscan chicken is easy to make and packed with flavor! Sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and a creamy sauce make this quick dish irresistible.
While I’m sure that we would all love to be able to pack our bags and jet across the ocean to Italy, it’s never as simple as that. Work, schedules, family, and money, all play a huge role in our travel plans. So chances are, we don’t have any travel-filled adventures planned anytime soon.
Why you will love this Chicken Toscana
- It’s rich and creamy. Combining chicken stock, heavy cream, and white wine to give you a rich and creamy Tuscan chicken dish that is sure to be a favorite at the dinner table. Not a big fan of white wine? That’s okay because it’s completely optional.
- It’s a one-pan meal. Being able to cook this dish from start to finish in one pan is an additional benefit. Not only are you saving hundreds of dollars by not buying a plane ticket, but you’re also saving yourself from needing to clean a ton of dishes!
Tuscan Creamy Chicken Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Black pepper
- Garlic cloves
- White wine *optional
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth
- Sun-dried tomatoes
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
Substitutions for Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- If desired, you can swap out the spinach for kale. The green color from both leafy greens will look incredible in this dish and the flavor change is minor.
- For an alcohol-free option, use chicken or vegetable stock in place of the wine.
How to make Tuscan Chicken
- Add your olive oil to a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl combine the basil, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over the top of your chicken.
- Place the chicken into the heated pan and brown it well on both sides.
- Add in the garlic and wine. Allow the liquid to simmer until it has almost completely been reduced.
- Add in the broth, cream, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Allow the sauce to simmer until it has slightly thickened and reduced. The chicken should be cooked through. This will take about 6-8 minutes.
- Add parsley for garnish and serve.
What to serve with this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe
Tuscan Chicken Recipe Tips
- You will not be cooking the chicken entirely at the browning steps. You will simply be searing in the juices and creating a nice crust on the breasts. The remainder of the chicken will be fully cooked through as it simmers in the sauce in the pan.
- Different sized chicken breasts may cook at different speeds so the cooking time in this recipe is approximate and may vary. Smaller chicken cuts (like tenders) will cook much quicker than larger ones.
- If necessary, trim your chicken breasts so that they are more even in size so that they can cook evenly.
Tuscan Chicken Recipe FAQ
You can keep your leftovers from this dish stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Place the leftover chicken and sauce in a covered pan on the stove over medium-low heat and cook for about 10-15 minutes until fully heated through. I recommend adding in a little butter, cream, or broth if needed to keep the sauce from drying out.
Despite the name, Tuscan chicken is actually not an authentic Italian dish. The name was given to the chicken dish based on the flavors and ingredients because they resemble the foods you can find in Italy.
Tuscan chicken is an Italian recipe that comes from the Tuscan region of Italy. The authentic recipe includes spinach and mushrooms, so this recipe isn’t truly authentic.
With this creamy Tuscan garlic chicken, you can bring in all of the delicious flavors of Italy as you daydream of the Italian villas, vineyards, and countryside. If you’re looking for a delicious side, try this Creamy Shrimp Risotto recipe!
More favorites from Longbourn Farm
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts large, sliced lengthwise
- 2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine optional
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes half of a jar
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Combine basil, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over chicken.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add garlic and wine. Let simmer until reduced almost completely.
- Add broth, cream, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer until slightly thickened and reduced and chicken is cooked through about 6-8 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Looking for more Italian-style recipes?
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Homemade Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
- Cheesy Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Pasta Primavera Recipe
- Spaghetti with Lemon Cream Sauce
- Classic Pastina Recipe
- Quick Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- Cheesy Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Sausage Pasta Bake
- Classic Basil Pesto Recipe
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Quick Garlic Bread
Could you tell me if the nutritional facts are based on per serving or the whole dish?
The nutritional facts are based per serving, you can check the servings in the recipe card to get more clarity 🙂
This was amazing. I used some apple juice instead of wine and it turned out fantastic. Do you add the parsley to garnish the dish? I didn’t see in the directions the where parsley came in.
So glad you liked it, Curtis! Thanks for pointing that out, I’ve updated the recipe card. I just garnish with the parsley at the end.
Such a flavorful dish!