Creamy Tuscan chicken is easy to make and packed with flavor! Sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and a creamy sauce make this quick dish irresistible.
If you can’t travel to Italy, have it travel to your dinner table in this Tuscan chicken recipe.
While I’m sure that we would all love to be able to pack our bags and jet across the ocean to Italy, it’s never as simple as that. Work, schedules, family, money, they all play a huge role in our travel plans. So chances are, we don’t have any travel filled adventures planned anytime soon.
Instead of dealing with the stress, hassle and financial burden of planning an Italian vacation, why not enjoy a much more budget-friendly alternative and bring Italy to you? The cost of a few ingredients is far cheaper than airfare, hotels, souvenirs and missing work.
With this creamy Tuscan garlic chicken, you can bring in all of the delicious flavors of Italy as you daydream of the Italian villas, vineyards, and countryside.
Eat it on a beautiful summer’s day where you can enjoy it on a patio at sunset and a glass of wine by your side.
Or you can eat it on a cold winters day when your home is buried by 6 feet of snow outside and you just need a reminder that summer is coming.
Combining chicken stock, heavy cream, and white wine to give you a rich and creamy Tuscan chicken dish that is sure to be a favorite at the dinner table. Not a big fan of white wine? That’s okay because it’s completely optional.
Being able to cook this dish from start to finish in one pan is an additional benefit.
Not only are you saving hundreds of dollars by not buying a plane ticket, but you’re also saving yourself from needing to clean a ton of dishes!
This Tuscan chicken recipe has you thinly slicing some chicken breasts and sprinkling with basil, salt, and pepper until it’s golden brown on the outside. Add in the garlic and the white wine, simmering until it’s almost completely reduced.
Then add in the heavy cream, chicken stock, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer and stir until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
This Tuscan chicken recipe would go great paired with freshly cooked noodles like fettucini or linguine. You could also choose to pair it with cooked white rice or simply eat it as is. If you want more sauce for your noodles or rice, double the recipe and enjoy.
Looking for more Italain-style recipes?
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Homemade Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
- Cheesy Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Pasta Primavera Recipe
- Spaghetti with Lemon Cream Sauce
- Classic Pastina Recipe
- Quick Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- Cheesy Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Sausage Pasta Bake
- Classic Basil Pesto Recipe
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Quick Garlic Bread
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts large, sliced lengthwise
- 2 teaspoon basil 1/4
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine optional
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes half of a jar
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Combine basil, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over chicken.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add garlic and wine. Let simmer until reduced almost completely.
- Add broth, cream, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer until slightly thickened and reduced and chicken is cooked through about 6-8 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.