Cheesy pasta with sausage and roasted red pepper sauce is one quick and delicious meal. Paired with the perfect cheese, it’s a fantastic meal!
This post was sponsored by Rockhill Cheese. All opinions and thoughts expressed are my own. Read more about my affiliate and sponsorship policy here.
I am so excited to tell you guys all about Rockhill Creamery! They sponsored this post, and I am so honored to work with them and create a recipe that features their Wasatch Mountain cheese.
First of all, this recipe is so easy and so delicious. It starts off pretty basic by sauteing onions and Italian sausage. It’s up to you whether you use hot or mild, I personally like it hot!
I like to add the onions first so they have more time to cook and soften up. Since this dish goes so quickly if you add them after browning the sausage, they may still be a little crunchy when the pasta is finished.
Here is the secret to the sauce! I add some tomato sauce AND some roasted red peppers. I absolutely love the flavor of the roasted red peppers with the Wasatch Mountain cheese. There are a few flavors going on, but they all compliment each other so well.
Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, this lets all the flavors come together and allows it to thicken a bit. When I say sauce, it’s pretty thick. Kind of like a ragu style sauce.
Next, the best part!! Adding the delicious and amazing Rockhill Wasatch Mountain cheese. I love this cheese, actually I love all Rockhill cheese.
Rockhill is a micro-dairy just on the other side of the small valley where I live. I have known a handful of people who have worked there, toured the dairy itself and even attended a wedding there. When you think of a small dairy in the mountains, Rockhill fits that magical description! Old barns, rooms of cheese, and the cutest little herd of Brown Swiss cows you ever did see. I love visiting there!
They sell a wide range of cheese, but I loved the way this Wasatch Mountain paired with the sausage and roasted red pepper. The reserve has a stronger flavor because it’s aged longer, but both varieties will work beautifully.
You know the best part about Rockhill cheese? It melts so perfectly. It totally melts into the pasta and coats the pasta and sausage so you get all the flavors in every bite. The next best part? You can order some! I’ll link up to their website here. If you love specialty cheeses, Rockhill will totally be your jam.
Tell me: What would you make with some Rockhill cheese?? It’s a struggle to keep it in my fridge long enough to actually cook with it, it’s just so dang good!
PIN this recipe on your Pasta board to SAVE it for later Follow Longbourn Farm on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas, and recipes!
Cheesy Pasta + Sausage + Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 pound pasta cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound italian sausage hot or mild, your preference
- 1/2 cup onion about one small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers drained and rinsed, chopped fine or pureed
- 15 ounces tomato sauce (one can), plain
- 3 tablespoons basil fresh, use 1 1/2 teaspoons if using dried
- 2 teaspoons oregano fresh, use 1/2 teaspoon if using dried.
- 1 1/2 cups Wasatch Mountain Cheese from Rockhill Creamery see note
- Add olive oil to a skillet and heat on medium heat until shimmering.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add sausage and cook until almost browned.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper. If you are using dried herbs, add them here.
- Add the water, roasted red peppers, and tomato sauce.
- Stir to combine and simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce is thickened and the flavors are combined.
- Add the pasta, cheese, and herbs and toss to combine.