Cheesy Pasta + Sausage + Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Cheesy pasta with sausage and roasted red pepper sauce is one quick and delicious meal. Paired with the perfect cheese, it's a fantastic meal!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound pasta cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound italian sausage hot or mild, your preference
- 1/2 cup onion about one small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers drained and rinsed, chopped fine or pureed
- 15 ounces tomato sauce (one can), plain
- 3 tablespoons basil fresh, use 1 1/2 teaspoons if using dried
- 2 teaspoons oregano fresh, use 1/2 teaspoon if using dried.
- 1 1/2 cups Wasatch Mountain Cheese from Rockhill Creamery see note
Add olive oil to a skillet and heat on medium heat until shimmering.
Add onions and cook until translucent.
Add sausage and cook until almost browned.
Add the garlic, salt, and pepper. If you are using dried herbs, add them here.
Add the water, roasted red peppers, and tomato sauce.
Stir to combine and simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce is thickened and the flavors are combined.
Add the pasta, cheese, and herbs and toss to combine.
If you don't have Wasatch Mountain Cheese, order some! If you want to make this recipe while you're waiting for it to come, you can substitute 3/4 gouda cheese and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese instead.
Calories: 734kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 2269mg | Potassium: 738mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Vitamin C: 34.5mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 3.5mg