These BBQ beef sliders are perfect for easy meals. Serve them up with chips, fries, or coleslaw and you’re sure to have a hit on your hands!
These beef and cheddar sliders are very easy to prepare and don’t take too much work to assemble. Every bite is packed with a sweet roll, your favorite BBQ sauce, meat, and melty cheese. It’s so hard to resist eating the whole pan but thankfully this makes 12 sliders so you can help yourself to a couple.
BBQ beef sliders on Hawaiian rolls are a great meal to serve at lunch but they can also be the perfect appetizer for your next tailgate. Serve it up with some Old Fashioned Mac and Cheese or Frozen Peas and Carrots and you can have a table full of delicious options to enjoy at halftime.
Beef and cheese sliders ingredients
- Ground beef: While a lot of beef sliders use roast beef, we’re keeping it simple with ground beef so we can cook our filling much faster. Less time cooking, more time eating.
- Onion: A diced onion will really help to add flavor, aroma, and a bit of natural sweetness into the filling.
- Salt: We just need a little salt to help bring out and enhance the flavors in this filling.
- BBQ sauce: Use your favorite BBQ sauce or one that you think would taste great with cheddar cheese as a contrast.
- Hawaiian rolls: We want to use that large pack of 12 dinner rolls. These will come in an orange bag and the rolls are stuck together making assembly very easy.
- Butter: Using melted butter over the top of the rolls will give it a nice golden color.
- Parsley: Adding fresh or dried parsley over the top will help to add a little color and flavor to the top of the rolls.
- Garlic: Everything is better with garlic and adding a little over the top of these rolls will really help to give us a great flavor in every bite.
How to make BBQ beef sliders
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a frying pan, cook the ground beef until it is almost browned.
- Add in the onion and salt and then continue to cook until the ground beef is fully cooked and the onion has softened.
- Stir in your BBQ sauce until everything is well coated.
- Remove your rolls from the package, but leave them stuck together.
- Slice the rolls in half all at once lengthwise through the middle so that there is a top and a bottom.
- Place the bottom of the rolls in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spread the top of the rolls with the ground beef mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Place the top half of the rolls over the cheese.
- In a small bowl combine your melted butter, parsley, and garlic.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the rolls.
- Bake in the oven, covered in foil for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melty.
Can I prepare BBQ Beef sliders in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the rolls by removing them from the packaging and slicing them in half, then return them to the package and them seal closed until ready to use. You can also make the BBQ beef filling and keep it stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just use when ready and follow the recipe directions. Do not assemble sliders in advance as the bread will become soggy from the filling, so only assemble just before baking.
BBQ Beef Sliders
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 hawaiian sweet rolls dinner rolls, the kind that come stuck together
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon parsley fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a frying pan, cook the ground beef until almost browned.
- Add in the onion and salt and continue to cook until the ground beef is cooked through and the onion is softened.
- Stir in the BBQ sauce until everything is evenly coated.
- Remove the rolls from the package, leaving them stuck together.
- Slice the rolls in half all at once lengthwise.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spread the ground beef mixture over the rolls.
- Top wtih the cheese.
- Place the top half of the rolls on top of the ground beef and cheese.
- Combine the melted butter, parsley, and garlic.
- Spread evenly over the top of the sliders.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melty.
Looking for more great recipes and ideas?
- Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Corn Side Dish Recipes
- Puff Pastry Cheese Danish
- Self Watering Window Box
- How to Make Cake Balls
- How to Make Ham Steak
- Mixed Fruit Cobbler
- Bottle Feeding Calves
- Bacon Green Beans
- Old Fashioned Apple Fritters
- Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe
- How Long Do You Cook Salmon on the Grill?
- Tart Crust
- Homemade Syrup Recipe
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Marinara
- Meat Hand Pie Recipe
- Almond Sugar Cookies
Easy. I made 9 instead of 8 and used 1/2 cup bbq sauce. Tasty