A puff pastry danish is a delicious and simple treat that’s perfect for breakfast or dessert. With soft and flaky puff pastry topped with cream cheese and blueberries, you can’t help but to love it!
With 4 simple ingredients and a few minutes of effort and waiting, you can be sitting down and snacking on a puff pastry cheese danish in no time. Seriously, 5 minutes of effort and 15 minutes of waiting for it to come out of the oven is all that it takes, doesn’t that sound so appealing?
While you definitely don’t have to use blueberries to make this recipe, the sweet and tangy freshness they bring is really outstanding. Of course the same could be said for any fruit or berry.
Is there anything that doesn’t taste good with cream cheese? Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, or even thinly sliced peaches could easily make this puff pastry danish an award-winning recipe!
This puff pastry danish recipe is great for busy mornings when you want a simple breakfast, or for those late night cravings when you want something sweet and savory but can’t figure out what you really want. Tell me it’s not just me feeling those cravings haha.
Enjoying this puff pastry danish can happen at any time of day or night. It can also be enjoyed year round by taking advantage of in-season fruits.
Don’t be surprised if you find yourself making this simple puff pastry recipe a few times a week as it can quickly become an addictingly good treat. 😉
How to make puff pastry danish
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut it into 6 even sized pieces.
- Place the pieces on a baking sheet and space them out a little to accommodate the expansion that will happen during the baking process.
- Spread your cream cheese evenly over the top of the puff pastry sections.
- Spoon some blueberries over the top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the top of the pastries with some coarse sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, you’ll see that the sides are puffed and golden.
Do you eat cheese danishes cold or hot?
You should enjoy your cream cheese danish while it’s room temperature for the best tasting results. When it’s chilled or warmed it’s still delicious but room temperature is when the flavors can all stand out a little more.
How do you store cheese danishes?
Due to the cream cheese in the recipe, they must be kept stored in the fridge for food safety reasons.
If you want to prolong the shelflife, keep them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a few days and if you want to reheat them, simply place them in the microwave for a few seconds or a minute.
Can you freeze cheese danishes?
Yes, absolutely! Once they’ve completely cooled, wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and then store them in an airtight bag or container for up to 3 months.
You can thaw them and eat at any point or reheat to warm them up depending on your preferences.
Puff Pastry Cheese Danish
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar coarse
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Slice the puff pastry crust into 6 even pieces.
- Place the sections on a sheet tray.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly over the puff pastry sections.
- Spoon the blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Canned Green Bean Recipes
- Perfect Beef Tenderloin
- How to Cook Ham Steak
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Homemade Syrup
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Frozen Peas
- How to Make Gravy from Scratch
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Turkey
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib
- Smoked Beef Ribs
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Lemon Cream Sauce for Pasta
- Prime Rib Recipe
- What is Brine?