Green smoothies are easy to make and a delicious breakfast or snack. Packed with nutritious ingredients, these will be a family favorite in no time!
You’re going to love this green smoothie with spinach, yogurt, honey, and fruits! It’s so great for you and tastes great too!
Filled with various fruits like pears, peaches, and strawberries, this smoothie is packed with vitamins and fiber in every sip! Drinking something healthy doesn’t have to feel like a chore when it comes to this green smoothie recipe. You’ll actually want to take that next sip!
We all know that eating healthy is something that we should put more energy into doing, but not all of us have the time or energy to focus as hard on it as we should.
Sometimes life takes the reins and diets get the back burner as we swing through the fast-food lane on a way to work just so we can get something in our stomachs before sitting there for hours every day.
What makes this green smoothie even better is that you can prepare it in advance so it’s ready to go on a busy morning or when you just want a refreshing drink.
Having a freezer pack of fruits and veggies ready to toss in the blender in the morning is a great way to get a healthy and filling start to your day and not take up a great deal of time. In fact, it could take less time making this smoothie than a 5-minute detour through the drive-through would have!
How to make green smoothies
- To prepare your smoothies in advance, prep them in freezer bags and keep them there until you’re ready to use.
- Simply combine the spinach, pears, peaches, and strawberries inside of a freezer friendly bag and then keep them handy in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to make your smoothies, you won’t need ice! The fruit actually doubles as both!
How to make the smoothie
- Pour the contents of the frozen bag into a blender.
- Add in the yogurt, honey, and half of the recommended juice.
- Blend until everything is smooth, adding in more juice if necessary to get the drink to the thickness and consistency level that you would enjoy.
Notes to remember
You can use any type of yogurt that you want to use. If you choose a lesser sweet yogurt variety such as greek yogurt or unsweetened then your smoothie will be less sweet as well.
You can also use any juice variety that you want! Some suggestions include apple, or cranberry, or a combination of berry juices.
Are green smoothies healthy?
Yes, green smoothies are a very healthy drink. Often packed with nutrients, fiber, calcium, various vitamins and more and they’re easily consumable. Another great benefit of green smoothies is that they help to increase your energy levels as well.
Can you freeze smoothies in ziplock bags?
You can freeze the fruits and vegetables that you want inside of your smoothie inside of a ziplock bag but you don’t want to actually blend the entire smoothie and then store it this way.
If you have smoothie leftover, create little popsicles! I use these disposable popsicle mold baggies and they make a delicious sweet treat!
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup pears chopped
- 1 cup peaches
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup yogurt see note
- 2 tablespoons honey optional
- 1 cup juice see note
To Prep for the Freezer
- Combine spinach, pears, peaches, and strawberries in a freezer bag. Place the bag in the freezer until ready to use.
To Make Smoothie
- Pour contents of the bag in the blender. Add yogurt, honey, if desired, and half of the juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add more juice until desired consistency is reached.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Prime Rib Recipes
- Over Easy Eggs
- Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Homemade Ice Cream
- Roast Beef Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Pork Chop Marinade
- Cheap Dinner Ideas
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Recipes
- Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- Homemade Chili
- White Rice
- Homemade Bread
- Chicken and Noodles
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Corn Recipes