Peanut butter brownies are a delicious treat! Easy to make from scratch with a fudgy center and crackle on top.
Peanut butter brownies are a delicious and somewhat savory twist to a classic chocolate dessert. Not only do fudgy and gooey peanut butter brownies sound amazing, but they also hold up well to your imagination.
The crisp brownie edges with soft and tender peanut butter swirled brownie in every bite will have you unbuttoning your pants to make room for more.
Making chocolate peanut butter brownies from scratch really isn’t difficult. Melt chocolate chips, add in everything else, pour into a pan and swirl in the peanut butter. See? No super fancy techniques or equipment needed!
We’re making these chocolate peanut butter brownies with cocoa powder and chocolate chips to help make them extra chocolatey.
Chocolate and peanut butter are always a winning combination, just think of your favorite candies as an example.
These peanut butter brownies are far superior to a candy bar though, with the warm slice topped with vanilla ice cream and maybe even some salted caramel syrup, you can really have a show-stopping dessert on your hands and in your belly.
How to make peanut butter brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, melt chocolate chips. This is most easily done in the microwave by heating in 30-second intervals. Mix between each interval until the chocolate chips are almost all melted, stirring to melt the remaining chips.
- Add in the sugar, oil, and vanilla extract. Mixing to combine.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Mix well between each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add them to the wet ingredients and then mix until everything is well combined and the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased or lined 9×13 pan. Drop tablespoons of peanut butter over the brownie batter. Swirl through with a butter knife, this is where you can get fancy with designs or just swirl around.
- Bake them for 30-35 minutes. If you like more fudgy brownies, remove them from the oven when a toothpick comes out almost clean. If you like chewy brownies, remove them from the oven when the toothpick comes out clean.
How do you keep brownies fresh?
To keep your brownies fresh, you’ll want to keep them well wrapped in plastic wrap or stored inside of an airtight container. Even a resealable zipper topped bag can be a great storage option. They can last a while this way at room temperature, but for a longer storage solution, you can freeze them.
Are brownies better with oil or butter?
There are those that like fudgy brownies and those that prefer cakey. Butter will give a cakier texture and oil gives you the thick, dense, fudge texture that so many people love. You can use either option, but the results may vary.
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs large
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt chocolate chips in a large bowl. This is most easily done in the microwave by heating in 30-second intervals, mixing between each interval until the chocolate chips are almost all melted, stirring to melt the remaining chips.
- Add sugar, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined and the batter is smooth.
- Pour into a greased or lined 9x13 pan. Drop tablespoons of peanut butter throughout the brownie batter. Swirl through with a butter knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. If you like more fudgy brownies, remove them from the oven when a toothpick comes out almost clean. If you like chewy brownies, remove them from the oven when the toothpick comes out clean.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Homemade Brownies
- Moist Cornbread Recipe
- Chocolate Fudge
- Cinnamon Muffins
- Easy Homemade Biscuits
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Potato Bread
- Pancake Syrup
- Pretzel Bites
- Homemade Strawberry Cake
- Homemade Ice Cream
- All About Kneading Dough
- Homemade Pancake Mix
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies