White bean kale pasta is a quick meal that takes minutes to prepare. Healthy and filling, this is the perfect quick lunch or dinner!
Are you looking for a unique dinner dish (or side dish) that could turn some heads? I bet you don’t see this one at the office potlucks! White bean pasta salad with kale is a fun and colorful twist to the traditional pasta salad.
Unlike other pasta salads, this white bean pasta is served warm. That being said, it could taste really good chilled too!
How to make this creamy kale pasta salad
- Cook your pasta and drain it. Set aside and continue with the recipe.
- In a medium saucepan, heat your olive oil and then add the kale and cook it until it is wilted. This should take about 3 minutes. Then add in the garlic and cook until it is fragrant (this is only about 30 seconds!)
- Now add in your drained white beans, the half and half, and your pasta and stir to combine, let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
Is this white bean pasta healthy?
It could be considered pretty healthy considering that it contains several basic members of the food pyramid including protein, fat/oil, dairy, vegetable, and bread.
The beans provide a good about of fiber and protein while the kale gives a boost of antioxidants and iron.
What kind of pasta can you use?
For this kale pasta, I used large pasta variety, but you can use any kind that you want. The pasta that you choose to use is completely up to your personal preference, but getting a noodle that has a little curve to it can help it to hold on to more sauce and hold more of the delicious creamy flavors.
You can also make this dish a little healthier by using a higher fiber noodle or one made with vegetable flour instead of white flour. This can give you the added benefits without changing any of the end results.
Looking for more easy pasta recipes?
- Slow Cooker Marinara
- Sausage Pasta Bake
- Quick Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- Cheesy Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Homemade Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Pasta Primavera
- Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce
- Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Instant Pot Marinara
- Sun-Dried Chicken Pasta
White Bean Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounces white beans 1 regular sized can, see note
- 1/2 pound pasta cooked, see note
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add kale and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add white beans, half and half and pasta. Toss to combine. Simmer 2-3 minutes until heated through and thickened slightly.
- Add parmesan, stir to combine.