Chicken alfredo stuffed shells are easy to throw together and are a total family favorite. Totally homemade and easy to prep ahead so dinnertime is a breeze.
If you love creamy pasta, you are going to love these alfredo stuffed shells! They are ultra creamy and delicious. I like stuffing them with chicken to make them even more hearty and filling. If you didn’t want to use the chicken, you could substitute it for some spinach or just leave it out!
How to Make Ahead Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Another thing I love about these chicken alfredo shells is that they can be made ahead. I like to mix up the filling and sauce, assemble everything, and then leave it in the fridge until I’m ready to bake it for dinner.
- Boil large pasta shells.
- Mix filling.
- Mix Sauce.
- Fill shells and place in the pan with sauce according to recipe instructions (below).
- Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator until ready to bake!
Tips for Making Chicken Stuffed Shells
Chicken stuffed shells are also a great way to use leftover chicken! At our house, we aren’t huge microwaved-straight-leftover fans. Instead, I like to remake leftovers in creative ways. This is a great way to save not only food but money and time.
This recipe calls for a whole box of shells, and it will use almost all of them. I usually just make the whole box because some will usually break and not be able to be used for filling.
A 9×13 pan or a pan close to that size will work best. An 8×8 pan is a little bit too small to fit this entire recipe…and yes, I did in fact photograph this recipe in an 8×8 pan. Ha! It was a test to see if it would work in that pan size. Verdict: Nope! Too many shells. Although, you could for sure split this recipe into two 8×8 pans and freeze one for later.
More Great Alfredo and Pasta Recipes!
- How to Make Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- Quick Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- Cheesy Alfredo Pasta Bake Recipe
- Best Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- Marinara Stuffed Shells
- Sausage Pasta Bake
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Some delicious side dish ideas!
- Homemade Focaccia Bread
- Easy Green Salad + Lemon Salad Dressing
- Cherry Tomato Salad
- Easy + Cheesy Garlic Bread
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- 1 1/2 cups chicken shredded or chopped
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons basil dried
- 1 teaspoons parsley dried
- 2 cups cream whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells 1 package, weight is approximate
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Boil jumbo shells until just shy of al dente, about 3 minutes short of the full cooking time listed on the package.
- Combine chicken ricotta cheese, egg, and spices together. Set aside.
- Combine cream, parmesan cheese, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 pan (see note), pour about 1/2 cup of the cream sauce.
- Fill each shell with about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture, dividing it up evenly between all, or most of, the shells.
- Place the shells, open side up, in the pan in a single layer. 1 package is about 20 shells.
- Pour remaining cream sauce evenly over the top.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil. Continue baking until bubbly all the way through and light brown on top, about 10 more minutes.