Teriyaki meatballs are a flavor-packed crockpot meatball recipe that the whole family will love. Homemade or frozen meatballs, this is one easy dinner!
Crockpot meatball recipes are some of my all-time favorites because they are so versatile and since I always have a stock of homemade frozen meatballs in my freezer, they take minutes to throw together.
Can I Use Frozen Meatballs in Teriyaki Meatballs?
You can use store-bought meatballs or homemade for this recipe, but of course, I recommend homemade! Homemade meatballs really aren’t hard to make and you can make a huge batch at once, freeze them, and then have them on hand for quick meals like this.
This is my go-to homemade meatball recipe, remember you can use any meat combination in the meatballs you prefer.
How to Serve Teriyaki Meatballs
I developed this recipe on a whim a few months ago because of some ingredients I had in my pantry I needed to use up and it ended up being a total hit with the family. Bonus points for it being super easy thanks to my stash of frozen meatballs and the slow cooker.
My family loves these teriyaki meatballs over rice, but you could serve them over whatever sounds good to you. My husband thought the idea of meatballs and rice sounded strange at first but was converted after the first bite!
If you made small meatballs and served them on toothpicks, this would also make a great appetizer for parties. Serve them right out of the slow cooker with toothpicks – easy!
[mv_create key=”40″ type=”diy” title=”Teriyaki Meatballs”]
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2/3 cup water see note
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or your preference
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice from can of crushed pineapple
- 16 meatballs see note
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds optional
- 2 scalions chopped, optional
- In a slow cooker or crockpot, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, water, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, red pepper, cornstarch, garlic, pineapple, pineapple juice, and sesame seeds.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Place meatballs in sauce, gently stirring to coat in sauce.
- Cook on low for 4 hours up to 6 hours or high for 2 hours up to 4 hours, (see note).
- Serve over rice with chopped scallions.