Instant Pot green beans are a super simple and easy way to make a delicious vegetable side dish for dinner.
With just a few minutes and a few basic pantry staples you can have a tasty dish of green beans, cooked, seasoned, and ready to eat.
This Instant Pot green bean recipe is perfect for those dinner nights when you forget about adding a vegetable until the last minute. Happens all the time, getting preoccupied with cooking something else or your heart just isn’t in it.
That’s one thing I just love about Instant Pots. They’re always there to speedily make a no-hassle dish when you need them. Talk about convenience!
Whether you’re well experienced with using your Instant Pot or you haven’t even gotten it out of the box yet, this recipe is great for everyone.
With just a few minor steps and a little patience, perfectly cooked and vibrant looking green beans are ready for eating.
What do I need to make green beans in my Instant Pot?
You’ll need a trivet and your Instant Pot. This will help to keep the beans out of the water so that they steam cook instead of boil.
You’ll also need your fresh and prepared green beans. Remove stringy bits, cut off the stem ends and rinse them well under the water. If they’re really long you may even want to cut them in half so that they fit more easily and look more uniform in size.
Other items needed include water, salt, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and olive oil. With the exception to the water (which is used to cook and create steam), the other items are used to season the green beans so that they taste fresh and delicious.
How to Make Instant Pot Green Beans
- Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add the trivet into the Instant Pot.
- Place the prepared green beans onto the top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and then place the valve into the sealing position.
- Set it to high pressure and cook for 3 minutes.
- Once the timer has finished, manually release the pressure. Be careful as it will be hot.
- Remove the green beans from the Instant Pot and then place them into a bowl.
- Toss the green beans together with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and red pepper flakes until well coated.
- Serve and enjoy.
Are cooked green beans healthy?
Green beans are great vegetables (as most are) they’re full of nutrients and vitamins that your body needs and they can be a great addition to your daily diet.
With cooked green beans you’re offered many different ways of getting these nutrients without losing flavor.
Different cooking methods can reduce the nutrient levels slightly but steamed vegetables are one of the best ways to maintain the most amount of nutrients without eating veggies raw.
What to serve with cooked green beans
This Instant Pot green bean recipe can be served up with practically anything. It would taste great served alongside roasted chicken, meatloaf, or a simple roast. The sky is the limit.
Instant Pot Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans fresh, trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppers
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pour the water in the bottom of the instant pot.
- Add the trivet.
- Place the green beans on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and place the seal to the "sealing" position.
- Set to High Pressure for 3 minutes.
- Once the time is done, release the pressure.
- Remove the green beans from the instant pot and place in a bowl.
- Toss with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Looking for more delicious recipes and great posts?
- Canned Corn
- Canned Green Beans
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Best Prime Rib Recipe in the World
- Caramel Apple Slices
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Where Does Beef Come From
- Gel Stain Garage Doors
- Dutch Oven Potatoes
- Beef Stroganoff From Scratch
- Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler
- No Bake Cheesecake without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing
- Cattle Panel Chicken Tractor
Quick and delicious!