Instant pot beef stroganoff is a quick and delicious meal your whole family will love! Bursting with flavor, this instant pot beef stroganoff is an amazing dinner!
The Instant Pot comes through again on this meal! Like I’ve mentioned before, I like my Instant Pot but I don’t use it for everything. So, when I post an Instant Pot recipe, rest assured I think it’s worth making in the Instant Pot! This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff totally is!
My traditional Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is the NUMBER ONE recipe on my blog! WHAAAAAAT?!?! Yep. Which means this one is just as good, but the beauty of making it in the instant pot is using a tougher meat and still getting the meal done in under 30 minutes.
I usually use ground beef in my traditional beef stroganoff recipe but, as you will find out if you read that post, using stew meat is also a great option. Because this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe is done on the pressure cook setting, you can use a tough cut like stew meat and still get it nice and tender.
The first step is to saute everything. Is there a better smell than sauteing onions in butter? I don’t think so.
Let it be known that I actually don’t like mushrooms. It’s not for lack of trying!! When I make this for my family, I definitely don’t add them. HA. But I did here because…stroganoff and photos.
SPICES! Here is where the magic happens. If you don’t have sage, go buy some before you make this. The comments on my traditional Easy Beef Stroganoff RAVE about the flavor and part of that is because of the spices I have in the recipe. Don’t skip!
Next, add the meat. If you were wanting improved color in this dish, I would brown the meat before I even cooked the onions. But, I wanted to keep this quick so I opted to skip that step in the actual recipe card.
Then, you add the liquid and pressure cook! So easy. Like, seriously. The meat was amazingly tender in just 12 minutes! And if you are using a more tender cut you could reduce the time even more.
Cream and sour cream go in after the pressure cooking time, no need to turn on saute mode or anything, they will warm through easily and the dish will still be piping hot!
And there you have it! Another easy, quick meal made in the Instant Pot. If you’re looking for another easy Instant Pot recipe, check out this Instant Pot Spaghetti!
More easy, beef recipes!
- Homemade Beef Stroganoff
- Ground Beef Nachos
- Korean Beef Bowls
- Ground Beef Enchilada Recipe
- Easy Ground Beef Dinner Ideas
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound beef stew meat or any other cut, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup onion chopped, about 1 onion
- 1 cup mushrooms white, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons sage ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- With the Instant Pot on saute mode, melt the butter.
- Add in the onions, cooking about 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add sage, flour, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef broth, stirring constantly.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, stir.
- Add the beef and stir to combine (see note).
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot with the vent in the "sealed" position.
- Pressure cook for 12 minutes.
- Stir in cream and sour cream until combined.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.