This banana nut muffin recipe is light and flavorful. It’s easy to make and so delicious! Make a double batch and freeze some for later.
This banana nut recipe is one of my favorites! It’s a variation of my chocolate chip banana bread recipe and it turns out perfect every time!
The key to getting a nice and fluffy banana nut muffin instead of a greasy one is creaming the butter and sugar and eggs together until they are nice and fluffy.
Once the butter, sugar, and eggs are all creamed together, I just add the banana whole, no need to mash them beforehand. I like the texture of the bread best when the bananas are added this way.
I mix the nuts in with the dry ingredients, this coats them in flour and makes sure they stay evenly distributed throughout the batter.
The batter for the banana nut muffins is thick, I spread it out a little bit in the muffin cups and fill them almost all the way up. I like to sprinkle nuts on the top of the banana nut muffin batter so that you can tell what you’re getting into before you bite into the muffin!
I hope you love this banana nut muffin recipe as much as we do! Looking for more muffin and bread recipes?
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Cinnamon Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans chopped, see note
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs and cream together again for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the vanilla and ripe bananas, whole, to the bowl. Mix until combined and the bananas are mixed in.
- Combine flour, baking, soda, salt, and pecans.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients into the batter until evenly combined.
- Divide into 12 muffin cups (lined or sprayed). Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.