Apple cinnamon Instant Pot Oatmeal is a delicious breakfast that cooks in just 1 minute! An easily customizable base oatmeal recipe that is easy to make and keep warm.
Why I love Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
I hope that picture is of Instant Pot Oatmeal is making you as hungry as it’s making me!! This oatmeal recipe is one of my favorite breakfast dishes to make for my kids.
I used to hate making oatmeal because I would inevitably end up burning a little on the bottom of the pan and it took so much time to babysit it in the pot. This is SO EASY though. And since my 3 year old will eat 3 oatmeal packets, these whole oats are a bit more filling which, in turn, makes it more cost-effective. Win-win!
I can cook oatmeal in just 1 minute and, if they are still sleeping, the Instant Pot will keep it nice and warm until they wake up. I love this apple cinnamon version but I’ll give you the basic recipe as well so you can make your own customized version!
Ingredients for Apple and Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Brown sugar
- Old-Fashioned Oats
How to make Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal in the Instant Pot
- I start by chopping an apple. I just use whatever I have in my fridge, any kind will do. Use your favorite!
- Then I saute the apples in a little bit of butter to get them slightly browned and caramelized before we pressure cook them.
- Then, it’s easy! You just throw everything else into the Instant Pot and mix it up.
- Now, this is what it will look like once you put the water in. I know, it’s a lot of water. But the instant pot oatmeal really needs that much! It comes out perfect.
- You’ll want to flip this seal to the “sealing” position and then use porridge mode. For 1 minute!!!!!! That’s all it takes. It takes about 10 minutes longer than that because it has to pressurize and then you have to vent the Instant Pot, but still. So fast and minimal work.
- Here is what it looks like all cooked up!! The apples are the perfect softness, too. I like them to be the same texture as the oatmeal.
- And then if you’re me and you forgot to add the cinnamon, you can add it now. HA. I’m sooooo good at documenting my mistakes for you guys!
What if this recipe makes my Instant Pot give a burn notice?
This actually can happen if you have a larger sized Instant Pot, and I’m not sure why. But fears aside, even if you get the notice that the oatmeal has been burnt, if you followed the recipe exactly you’ll be fine. The bottom of the oatmeal will be a nice golden color, not burnt.
To completely avoid getting a burn notice, use the pot in pot method. Mix all of the instant pot oatmeal ingredients in a smaller, ovenproof dish that fits inside of your instant pot.
Pour 1 cup of water in the bottom of the instant pot around the dish. Follow the pressure cooking recipe as directed.
There you have it!! An amazing, delicious, fragrant, fruit packed breakfast! I hope you love it. We also love making fruit and cream versions of our instant pot oatmeal. So delectable. Here is the apple cinnamon Instant Pot oatmeal recipe. Scroll further for the basic Instant Pot Oatmeal version!
Instant Pot Oatmeal Apple Tips & Tricks
- To keep your instant pot apple oatmeal warm, simply leave it in the instant pot on the warm setting.
- Quick oats will not cook the same way as old-fashioned oats and could give a burn notice and actually burn. Steel-cut oats will cook similarly and should work in this recipe.
- You can make any kind of oatmeal in the instant pot. I have recipes for peaches and cream oatmeal, maple and brown sugar oatmeal, and pecan raisin oatmeal.
Toppings for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Dried Cranberries
Storing Apple Oatmeal
Apple oatmeal can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
To reheat, place about 1 cup in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon of water or milk. Microwave until warmed through, about 1 minute depending on your microwave. Stir and add in more water or milk for desired consistency.
Apple oatmeal shouldn’t be frozen – it will be very mushy once thawed.
More Breakfast Ideas
Looking for more amazing breakfast ideas? Check out these Easy Blueberry Muffins! Or maybe you want directions for using steel cut oats? Check out this Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal recipe for those directions.
More favorites from Longbourn Farm
- Best Recipe for Canned Green Beans
- What is Pastina Pasta?
- Ribs in the Dutch Oven
- Homemade Fried Taco Shells
- Fresh Tomato Chili
- Fresh Snow Peas Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal (Instant Pot)
- 2 apples your choice of variety
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar use less if desired
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups oats old-fashioned, NOT quick
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Chop apples into 1/2-inch square cubes.
- Turn on Instant Pot saute mode. Melt butter and saute apples for 3 minutes.
- Cancel saute mode.
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Press porridge mode and set the time for 1 minute. Make sure the vent is in the "sealing" position (see note).
- When the Instant pot beeps, carefully move the vent to the “venting” position. I use a wooden spoon to do this to avoid burns. Let it vent completely before opening.