Grilled boneless chicken thighs are packed with flavor! They are super quick to grill up for an easy summer meal and sure to be a family favorite.
With the warmer weather finally arriving after what feels like the longest stretch of winter ever, it’s finally time to break out the grill and summer recipes!
I’m dreaming of everything from fresh cut watermelon to grilled boneless chicken thighs. With this easy grilled chicken thigh marinade, you can be dreaming of it too. But why dream when you can have the real thing?
This grilled chicken thigh marinade is super easy to pull together and takes hardly any time at all. This means, you can have less time prepping dinner and more time eating it and enjoying the blue skies and sunshine.
With marinade ingredients as common as these, there’s a chance you already have everything you need to make it too! Avoiding the stores is always a plus!
Even if you don’t know how long to grill chicken thighs, it’s actually pretty easy. Especially if you have an instant-read meat thermometer handy, hint hint.
If you follow along with the recipe card below then you should be happy to know that the chicken thighs can be finished cooking in about 10 minutes.
With such a fast cooking dish like these grilled chicken thighs, your only issue is now trying to plan the side dishes that can finish around the same time. Thankfully I have a whole heaping pile of incredible grilled side dishes for you to try.
How to make grilled boneless chicken thighs
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade together in a bowl or a large zipper topped bag.
- Add in the chicken, cover, and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, but you can go up to overnight if you prefer.
- Preheat the grill on medium high heat (about 400 degrees F).
- Grill the chicken thighs for about 5 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
- The chicken thighs will spread out pretty thin, this is how they should be cooked, don’t let them roll up or use bone in thighs or else the cooking time will be extended and they’ll take longer.
How do you know when chicken is done grilling?
You can easily tell that the chicken is done if it registers at least 160 degrees on a meat thermometer. You should also be able to cut into the center and see that it’s not overly pink and that the juices run clear.
What goes with grilled chicken thighs?
There are so many incredible side dishes out there that go with grilled chicken. Everything from grilled asparagus to rice pilaf or potato salad would be great depending on how much work you want to put into dinner and what you have on hand.
Can I over marinate chicken?
Yes, unfortunately, you can over marinate chicken. This is why it’s recommended to not do it for more than an overnight thing as it will be too much.
The perfect marinade is about 4 hours (prep at lunch and serve it at dinner) this helps to give the meat a nice tender chicken without being too much or too little.
Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 6 chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sprigs oregano fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a shallow container or a zipper top bag. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill on medium high heat, about 400ºF.
- Grill the chicken thighs for about 5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reads 160ºF on a meat thermometer.
- The chicken thighs will spread out pretty thin, this is how you shoudl cook them. If you leave them rolled up or use bone-in chicken thighs the cooking time will be significantly extended.
Looking for more delicious recipes?
- Canned Corn
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Prime Rib Recipe
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Best Way to Cook Zucchini
- Dutch Oven Chicken Breast
- How to Trim Asparagus
- What is Brine
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Smoked Beef Ribs
- Tenderloin Recipe
- Moist Cornbread Recipe