Easy and adorable 4th of July Bundt Cake for your holiday party! If you have a cake mix and food coloring, this cake can be on your table in no time.
A patriotic cake is always a crowd pleaser at the fourth of July family gatherings. With this being a great holiday to get together for grilling and watching fireworks together, it’s also a tricky one to come up with side dishes and desserts that haven’t “been done to death.”
This 4th of July bundt cake is probably a safe bet that no one else will be bringing the same.
We always want to participate at the BBQ’s and bring a dish for the table to share with everyone, but how many different potato salad recipes can a crowd really need?
Don’t get me started on the surplus of pies at the 4th of July too, although it’s normally narrowed down to Apple, peach or other seasonal pies, a 4th of July cake is much needed to add some diversity to the table.
This patriotic cake is bursting with red white and blue colors, and thanks to the boxed cake mix, it’s super simple to make too.
Seriously, if you have food coloring and a box of white cake mix, you’re already half way there. Having a bundt pan and the ingredients for the cake mix are also very helpful. 😉
With a super simple powdered sugar glaze to drizzle over the top of the cake, you really help to seal the mood and bring the cake home, so to speak. A simple and easy to make dessert that drops jaws and makes a statement working as a center piece and a treat all at once. Exactly what you need this year!
How to make 4th of July Bundt Cake
- After the cake mix has been prepared per the directions on the box, divide it into 3 equal sized portions in 3 separate bowls.
- Color one of the cake mixes red and the other blue (the third is already white).
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, drop the batter into a greased bundt pan alternating the colors with each addition.
- Bake the cake according to the time and temperature requested on the boxed cake mix.
- In a bowl, whisk together the icing ingredients. It should be thick and smooth while still being a good pourable consistency.
- Once the cake has finished cooling, drizzle the icing over the top of the cake.
How long is patriotic bundt cake good for and how should I store it?
Keep your bundt cake covered and at room temperature for up to 5 days for the best results. After that, it will begin to start drying out and may not taste as great.
Placing it in the fridge could be nice for a cooled cake before you serve it but keeping it stored in there can actually dry it out a lot faster and reduce the shelflife.
Can I freeze bundt cake?
Absolutely! After the cake has been frosted or before, go ahead and wrap the cake well with plastic wrap and then store it in a large zipper topped baggie or in an airtight container and then freeze for up to 3 months.
Place it in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours to thaw before serving.
4th of July Bundt Cake
For the Cake
- 1 white cake mix prepared to box instructions
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 4 drops blue food coloring
For the Icing
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- After the cake mix is prepared according to the box instructions, divide it into three equal portions in seperate bowls.
- Color one of the bowls red. Color another bowl blue.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, drop the cake batter into a greased bundt pan, alternating the colors.
- Bake according to box instructions.
- Whisk together all of the icing ingredients. It should be thick but still pourable.
- Once the cake is done and cooled, drizzle the icing over the top.
Looking for more great recipes?
- Canned Corn
- Oreo Strawberry Cheesecake
- Dutch Oven Potatoes
- How to Cook Frozen Peas
- How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Best Prime Rib Recipe in the World
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Hard Candy Recipes
- Pastina Recipe
- Beef Stroganoff from Scratch
- Caramel Apple Slices
- How to Cook Zucchini on the Stove