A creamy eggless strawberry ice cream with chunks of fresh strawberries in every bite. You’re going to love this no cook strawberry ice cream recipe!
Strawberry ice cream is a delicious treat that always tastes good. Homemade strawberry ice cream tastes even better. Maybe its the added love or satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself, but there’s something about the flavor that simply cannot be beaten.
This homemade strawberry ice cream is an incredibly simple recipe that seriously takes no effort. It’s also pretty versatile too!
With just 4 ingredients and 4 steps from start to finish, you’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain. You’re going to really enjoy this creamy strawberry ice cream recipe.
This is also a great recipe to let your kids help you with! They can prepare the strawberries and help to mix all of the ingredients together. Not to mention, that they can be the official taste-testers when it’s finished. I think we all want that job!
The mashed strawberries give this ice cream it’s iconic color but if you’d like yours to look pinker you can always add in a little food coloring.
Me? I just let my kids decide – ha! It just looks like something you’d get from the fair. Just Grab a big scoop and stick it on a waffle cone and you’re good to go!
How to Make Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Combine the sugar, vanilla, cream and half and half. Mix everything until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add in the strawberries and then stir until they are combined.
- Use this mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacture’s operating instructions.
- The ice cream will be slightly soft when it is finished in the ice cream maker. For firmer ice cream, place it in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
Can I make this strawberry ice cream using milk?
If you want to know how to make ice cream at home with milk just keep in mind that it won’t stiffen up as much as it would with a creamier and higher fat content dairy product like cream.
You can substitute the half and half that is requested in this recipe and instead use milk. Besides being less creamy the ice cream will also have more ice crystals. Do not remove or substitute anything for the heavy cream.
Why is my homemade ice cream not freezing?
If you find your homemade ice cream isn’t freezing, double-check with your ice cream maker operating manual to make sure that it is in fact working properly.
Once that has been ruled out, troubleshoot other issues. One of the biggest culprits is too high of sugar content. If you added too much sugar to the recipe, the ice cream won’t freeze and will instead be runny.
How do I know when ice cream is done?
You can check to make sure that your strawberry ice cream is finished by checking the consistency. Using a spoon or spatula, try and take a scoop.
The ice cream should be thick but still, be soft enough that you can get a decent scoop. If it appears too runny or soft like a Wendy’s frosty, it’s not ready.
Why is my homemade ice cream grainy?
If your homemade ice cream gets warm enough to melt and then is refrozen, you may notice that it gains grainy ice crystals similar to freezer burn.
This is a normal reaction and happens with almost all ice creams (including storebought). While it may not be as satisfying to eat, it is safe to eat like this.
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half and half see note
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract OR the caviar from a vanilla bean +1 tablespoon vanilla extract (see note)
- 1 cup strawberries mashed
- Combine sugar, vanilla, cream and half and half, mixing until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add strawberries and stir until combined.
- Use in ice cream maker according to manufacture's instructions.
- The ice cream will be slightly soft when it is finished in the ice cream maker. For more firm ice cream, place in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
Looking for other great recipes?
- Prime Rib Recipes
- Over Easy Eggs
- How to Make Gravy
- Pork Chop Marinade
- Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- Homemade Bread
- Chicken and Noodles
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Corn Recipes
- How to Make White Rice
- BBQ Chicken in the Oven
- Steak Salad
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Homemade Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs