Homemade chocolate chip muffins are a perfect grab-and-go breakfast! Easy to make in one bowl, it’s chocolate chip muffin recipe perfection!
It is no secret that we love muffins in our house! My family likes a quick grab-and-go breakfast and this chocolate chip muffin recipe fits that bill perfectly. I love stashing muffins in the freezer, it makes mornings go so much more smoothly!
My favorite thing about these homemade chocolate chip muffins is that you can make them in one bowl and they take less than 10 minutes to mix up. No need for a boxed mix when they are that easy to make!
You can use regular sized chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips. I like the mini chocolate chips in the muffins because they distribute more evenly in the batter and look better on top of the muffins.
Obviously, the looks aren’t that important. Ha! But I do take photos of food for a living, so there is that to consider.
I also think semi-sweet chocolate chips are great in this recipe because they aren’t too sweet…which means these homemade chocolate chip cookies are totally appropriate for breakfast, right? I mean, I wouldn’t say no if they were made with milk chocolate chips either…
If you want to really step up these muffins a notch to bakery style muffins, use these incredible muffin liners from PaperChef!
I love the way they look on the muffins and these muffins are delicious enough to be sold at any bakery. The fancy liners just send them over the top!
Need more great muffin recipes like this chocolate chip muffin recipe?
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Cinnamon Muffins
- Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
- Banana Nut Muffins
- Zucchini Bread Muffins
[mv_create key=”55″ type=”diy” title=”Homemade Muffins” ]
Homemade Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup sugar heaping
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk less 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon vinegar white or apple cider
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Combine milk and vinegar and let sit for a couple of minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour the milk mixture, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract into the well.
- Mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the mini chocolate chips, do not over mix.
- Divide batter evenly among about 15 muffin cups, they will be almost full
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
So easy and delicious!