Creamy tomato sauce is easy to make and delicious on any kind of pasta. Make your favorite and try it today!
This easy creamy tomato sauce recipe is going to help you switch up spaghetti night for the better. With just a few simple ingredients and 20 minutes of time, you can have your sauce well blended and ready for any cooked pasta of your choosing!
I love finding simple and easy recipes to feed the family and this one has been a huge hit over the past few years. While I love making it as a simple and easy lunch option, it would also be perfect for dinner. Especially when paired with my Herby Garlic Cheese Bread and a simple green salad.
What is creamy tomato sauce?
It’s a blend of tomato sauce and heavy cream that gives you a richer and smoother texture that just works perfectly well together. Also sometimes referred to as a pasta pink sauce because of the hue made when red tomato sauce and white heavy cream blend together. This sauce is full of flavor, spices, and cheesy goodness. Perfect for any Italian-themed meal!
Can I add meat to pink sauce pasta?
Absolutely! I do this often when I have some cooked chicken on hand. Adding in cooked shredded or chunked chicken breast to the sauce really helps to make it feel a little more filling, although it’s just as great when served meatless too. Also, if desired, you can add in zucchini chunks instead of meat to give a higher veggie count.
Creamy tomato sauce ingredients
- Olive oil: This will help to prevent sticking in the pan and add in a lot of flavor. Olive oil is a huge part of Italian cooking as it helps the ingredients amalgamate (this means to combine and form together uniformly).
- Garlic: Crushed garlic cloves add a lot of flavor and a great aroma to our sauce.
- Red pepper flakes: This pairs so well with the garlic to give a nice and robust flavor in every bite.
- Tomato sauce: You can also find this in cans called pureed tomatoes. It’s unseasoned cooked tomatoes and will be the base of the recipe as you are making your own flavorful pasta sauce.
- Heavy cream: This is where we add a lot of richness and creamy texture to the sauce.
- Salt: Salt is a natural flavor enhancer and will help to make the flavors really stand out (which is what we want).
- Parmesan: Add in some freshly grated parmesan cheese for a nice and cheesy experience.
- Basil: You can use fresh basil or dried basil depending on what you have on hand, but keep in mind you’ll only need half the required amount if using dried as the flavors are stronger.
- Mozzarella cheese: Optionally, you can add some cubed of mozzarella cheese to the pasta dish. To keep it from sticking together and forming a clump, keep the cheese nice and cold until using and stir well with your spoon to break up the pieces.
How to make creamy tomato sauce
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the tomato sauce, heavy cream, and salt. Stir together to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in your parmesan and fresh basil.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes see note
- 2 cups tomato sauce also called purred tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- 1 tablespoons basil fresh, half if using dried
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato sauce, heavy cream, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in parmesan and fresh basil.
Looking for more great recipes and ideas?
- What is Brine
- How to Cut an Onion
- Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- How to Make Candy
- How to Make Nachos with Ground Beef
- St. Louis Ribs Crock Pot
- Herb Bread
- PVC Pipe Chicken Feeder
- Pecan Crescent Cookies
- Green Bean Seasoning
- Butterbeer Ingredients
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib
- How Do I Make Hummingbird Food
- How to Tell if Steak is Done
- Baked Barbeque Chicken Thighs
- Beef Stroganoff from Scratch
- How to Trim Asparagus
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- How Long to Smoke Beef Ribs