Corn tomato salad is a great way to get your veggie count up this summer. Not only is it super nutritious for you, but it’s pretty tasty too. Serve it up at your next BBQ and watch it become an instant hit with the family or group.
This corn salad recipe is incredibly easy to make and I swear that anyone can do it. With just two fast steps and about 6 minutes of your time, you can have a delicious bowl of corn tomato salad that everyone will love.
During the hot summer months, the weather is perfect for eating food outside and enjoying the grill. Nothing goes better with those grilled chicken thighs than this corn salad recipe.
But, honestly, it can go great with just about anything. So pair it with some Mexican pork chops or something smothered in BBQ sauce (you can’t go wrong with either!)
I love that this salad is so easy to make and that it uses canned corn. It makes the dish that much faster to come together. Even if I need a dish and I’m scrambling to get something on the table, I almost always have the stuff to make this dish or some variation of it.
The beautiful colors of the salad are what draw your eyes in, as you dissect it with your eyes spotting common foods and veggies. Then you take that first bite and everything goes blank.
Next thing you know and it’s gone! That’s just part of the challenge you set yourself up for with this corn tomato salad. It’s too good to let sit around for too long.
Do you eat this salad warm or cold?
This dish was meant to be served chilled or at room temperature. Eating it cold really helps to highlight how fresh it tastes and adds a nice variety to your plate.
Can I use frozen corn instead?
Absolutely. If you find yourself with frozen corn but not the canned variety, you can use the frozen. You’ll want to thaw it out beforehand though.
To do this you can simply set the bag of frozen corn into a bowl of warm water for a few minutes, or if it’s steamable you can place it in the microwave. The goal is to remove the ice crystals and get them soft enough to eat, not actually cook them.
If I don’t have feta, can I use mozzarella?
The flavors and texture of the dish will definitely change if you use a different cheese. That said, a mozzarella is a great option for tossing into this cold salad recipe if you’re looking for an alternative option.
How to Make Corn Tomato Salad
- Open, drain, and rinse your canned corn. This helps to remove some of that sodium it was packaged with making the dish a little healthier.
- Place all of the ingredients listed into a large mixing bowl and then toss them to combine.
- Let it sit and marinate for 5 whole minutes. This allows the flavors to come together so that it becomes one tasty dish instead of various components.
Corn Tomato Salad
- 2 cans corn about 15 ounces, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Toss all of the ingredients together.
- Let marinade for 5 minutes.
Looking for more delicious recipes?
- Canned Corn
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Prime Rib Recipe
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Best Way to Cook Zucchini
- Dutch Oven Chicken Breast
- How to Trim Asparagus
- What is Brine
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Smoked Beef Ribs
- Tenderloin Recipe
- Moist Cornbread Recipe