Brown sugar cookies are an easy to make, delicious flavorful chewy cookie recipe that you don’t want to stray far from.
With this brown sugar cookie recipe in your recipe collection, you’ll always have the perfect cookie recipe to bring out and share with others.
Bringing out a delicious cookie recipe that isn’t the usual chocolate chip or snickerdoodle is a great way to introduce yourself and friends to something new and exciting. Even without extra add-ins, this cookie recipe is fabulous in its simple ways.
Seasoned with a little cinnamon, these brown sugar cinnamon cookies are lightly spiced for a rounder flavor. With the maple extract added you may even feel these cookies are perfect for Fall. But the truth is that they’re good any time and taste even better after the kids have gone to bed. 😉
You’re going to love how easy this brown sugar cookie recipe is to make. This one recipe also makes a ton of cookies. We scoop them out using a tablespoon measure and they flatten a bit while baking so they’re the perfect size for snacking.
How to Make Brown Sugar Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees and prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper before setting it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the butter and sugars until fully combined.
- Add in the eggs and then mix again until fully incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla extract and the maple extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough out by the rounded tablespoons and place it onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. The cookie edges will look set and the middles will be slightly gooey.
- Let cool and set, and then enjoy.
What does brown sugar do to cookies?
Brown sugar is a great tool for baking homemade cookies like these ones. It helps to add a richer flavor, sweetness, brown color, and adds moisture to the cookies at the same time. It’s a pretty great ingredient that does so much.
What is the best brown sugar for cookies?
You can use light, medium, or even dark brown sugar depending on what you have on hand.
The difference is that the darker the brown sugar is, the more molasses it contains. This results in a softer and chewier cookie that packs a little more flavor as well.
Brown Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour all purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix together the butter and sugars until combined.
- Add the eggs, mixing thoroughly.
- Mix in the vanilla and maple extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons on lined or sprayed baking sheets.
- Bake until the edges are set and middles are slightly gooey, about 10-12 minutes.
Looking for more delicious recipes and great posts?
- Canned Corn
- Canned Green Beans
- Hard Candy Recipe
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Green Bean Recipes
- Best Prime Rib Recipe in the World
- Caramel Apple Slices
- Mexican Pork Chops
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Where Does Beef Come From
- Gel Stain Garage Doors
- Dutch Oven Potatoes
- Beef Stroganoff From Scratch
- Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler
- No Bake Cheesecake without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing
- Cattle Panel Chicken Tractor