BBQ chicken sliders are so easy to put together and make a delicious meal or party appetizer! Serve them warm or at room temp, they’ll be a hit either way!
Chicken sliders are one of my favorite quick dinners to make. They are a great way to use up leftover meat and clean out the fridge! I make these with chicken that I’ve baked ahead of time for meal prep, or with leftover BBQ chicken.
I don’t usually make homemade BBQ sauce for these BBQ chicken sliders because I like to keep it simple and fast but if you have a favorite recipe, go for it! If you’re in need of a fabulous BBQ sauce recipe, I highly recommend trying out one of these options from Hey Grill Hey!
I use provolone cheese on these chicken sliders, I love how it melts and is slightly sharp against the BBQ sauce flavors.
If you have leftover chicken from a meal or even a rotisserie chicken, use it in this recipe! Canned chicken would also work if that is what you have on hand. Again, I love flexible, quick, and easy dinners.
How to Assemble BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Slice rolls in half lengthwise so the bottoms are separated from the tops.
- Spread BBQ sauce over bottom buns.
- Layer chicken, cheese, and more BBQ sauce.
- Replace tops and brush with butter.
- Bake until cheese is melted. So easy!
Not only are these BBQ chicken sliders great for a quick dinner, but they are also perfect for a party! I love serving these along with some other finger foods at a birthday party, holiday party, or game day party. They are filling and small, just what guests want!
Looking for more great game day or party recipes like these BBQ Chicken Sliders?
[mv_create key=”49″ type=”diy” title=”Chicken Sliders” thumbnail=”null”]
BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 12 Hawaiian rolls 1 package
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Slice Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise so that the tops are separated from the bottoms.
- Place the bottom half of the buns in a 9x13 baking dish. Spread half of the bbq sauce on the bottom buns.
- Layer the chicken, cheese, and remaining BBQ sauce on top of the bottom buns.
- Place top buns over chicken and cheese layers.
- Combine melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Brush over the top of the sliders.
- Cover with foil and bake until the cheese is melted all the way through.