These soft chocolate chip pumpkin cookies are light, fluffy, and soft. This recipe is perfect for Fall! Easy to make and simple ingredients!
The first week of October is one of my favorite times of the year! Fall is in the air, it’s cooling off, and the colors on the mountains are getting vibrant and beautiful.
I love pumpkin recipes, and these cookies are an all-time favorite. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it’s pretty close to perfect! I really recommend that you bake the cookies one tray at a time. This ensures that they get that nice dome on top and are big and beautiful and fluffy!
I love thick, pillowy, soft pumpkin cookies and that’s exactly how these are. They have a great fluffy texture that absolutely melts in your mouth. Combined with the cinnamon and chocolate chips, it’s pretty much fall flavored heaven! You can use any kind of chocolate chips you like, white chocolate chips are one of my favorite versions!
I love to make these chocolate chip pumpkin cookies bigger than normal. To do that, I just round off my scoops instead of scraping them flat against the side of the bowl. One day I’ll get a large cookie scoop to make the job a bit more uniform!
If you’re in the party pooper camp that isn’t into pumpkin spice everything this time of year…I just don’t know what to tell you. You’re missing out! Eat one of these soft chocolate chip pumpkin cookies, it will probably lead to a change of heart. 🙂
What are some of your favorite pumpkin recipes? Savory or sweet?!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips semi-sweet, or milk chocolate, or white
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Combine pumpkin and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add oil, egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets - the rounded tablespoons will turn out bit bigger than a standard cookie so bake 8 per tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 12-14 minutes until the tops are set and the cookies are slightly firm. The cookies bake up more fluffy if baked one tray at a time on the middle rack in the oven.
Looking for more great Fall recipes?
- Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- Prime Rib Recipe
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Homemade Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Banana Bread Recipe
- Layered Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Marinara Sauce
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Enchilada Recipe
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Potato Soup Recipe
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Caramel Syrup
- Alfredo Sauce Recipe