This Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is packed with flavor, easy to put together, and fast. Perfect family-friendly meal for a busy day.
Some of the best quick dinners are the ones that double as a sheet pan dinner! Sheet pan dinners are some of my favorites for that reason and this sheet pan dinner couldn’t be easier. The hardest part is cutting up all the ingredients!
Sausage is a great ingredient to have on had because it adds such amazing flavor to whatever you cook it with. I prefer smoked sausage for this recipe, I think it cooks at a similar rate to the onion and zucchini compared to sausage links.
I also love the sweetness and color the purple onion gives, the only way this meal could get better is if I had a yellow zucchini to add to the green one!
I love cooking seasonally and this meal fits that bill. It’s onion and zucchini harvest time here and while my garden is in pause mode this year, I’m still enjoying the fresh veggies!
Typically stores will have lower prices on in-season produce. Following this trend is a great way to save on veggies, and it usually means they were produced closer to where you live. Win-win!
While this may be enough substance for some families, Andy always prefers a little more than veggies 🙂 . So I often pop some potatoes into the oven to roast while I get this sheet pan dinner ready. I don’t cook them at the same time because the potatoes take much longer.
I hope you love this sausage sheet pan dinner! It’s one of our favorites. It’s hard to keep tiny hands from snitching if you have to photograph it before dinner….I’m speaking from experience here. 🙂
#Protip: toss the leftovers in eggs the next morning – DIVINE!!
PIN this recipe on your Quick Dinner board to SAVE it for later Follow Longbourn Farm on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas, and recipes!
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 12 oz smoked sausage usually 1 package is close to that
- 2 zucchini squash medium sized
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or 1 tsp each parsley, basil, oregano.
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the sausage and zucchini so they are approximately the same thickness, about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Chop the onion so the pieces are approximately the same size as the sausage and zucchini.
- On a baking sheet, toss with olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spread into a single layer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until everything is slightly browned.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.