Raspberry lemonade is easy to make and will be a hit at your next summer gathering. Fresh lemons and ripe raspberries give amazing flavor and color!
Spruce up your next dinner party with this Homemade Raspberry Lemonade
One of my favorite ways to make a family dinner or party extra special is to make a delicious drink to go with it! Sure, you could buy one, but once you taste homemade raspberry lemonade, there will be no going back! Fresh lemon juice always has amazing flavor but the raspberries add a sweeter edge and give the lemonade an amazing pink color! You might think the color in these photos is exaggerated, it’s not! I took them about 30 minutes after I made the lemonade, and it was as pink as ever. So pretty and so delicious.
WATCH: How to make Raspberry Lemonade
Raspberry Lemonade without simple syrup
A lot of times, drink recipes call for a simple syrup. The purpose of a simple syrup is two-fold: 1} a simple syrup allows to you dissolve all the sugar you need into a small amount of water so sweetening a drink is easy. And 2} many times you can infuse flavor into a simple syrup with berries or herbs. A simple syrup is made by heating equal parts sugar to water in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved.
But remember how I’m a lazy cook? Yeah. That means I don’t make a simple syrup. I don’t want an extra pan to wash! I mix the sugar and water right in the serving container. The trick to doing it the lazy way is making sure all the sugar is dissolved. To do this, I use warm water to mix up my lemonade and stir for 3-5 minutes.
What you’ll need to make Raspberry Pink Lemonade
- Warm water
- Fresh lemon juice
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
Fresh lemons vs. lemon juice in Pink Raspberry Lemonade
Nothing beats the flavor of freshly squeezed lemon juice in homemade pink raspberry lemonade. It’s vibrant and fragrant, adding a deliciously tart flavor that can’t be replicated!
However, store-bought lemon juice is an easy shortcut if you’re in a rush. Just keep in mind store-bought lemon juice often contains additives, which can completely alter the taste of your lemonade.
So, given the choice, I’d always go for freshly squeezed lemon juice when making homemade raspberry lemonade.
How to make Raspberry Lemonade
- Start by rolling each lemon on a hard surface to release the juices. Press down slightly as you roll.
- Cut each lemon in half and juice by hand or with a juicer. Strain the pulp, remove all the seeds, and discard the skin.
- Next, pour around three-quarters of your freshly squeezed lemon juice into 12 cups of warm water. Add all the raspberries and sugar to your lemon water mixture.
- Now get stirring! You want to stir the lemonade for 3-5 minutes continuously. It’s ready when the sugar is dissolved, and the raspberries are broken up. If your raspberries are still whole, you can use a spoon to mash them.
- Once everything is nicely combined, taste your raspberry lemonade to check if it’s to your liking. Add more lemon juice, sugar, or water to suit your taste.
- Finally, pour the raspberry lemonade into glasses and garnish with a few raspberries and mint leaves!
Please note: It’s best to keep your pink raspberry lemonade on the stronger side if serving over ice. This is because the ice will dilute the drink as it melts!
Raspberry Lemonade Recipe Tips and Variations
For raspberry lemonade, the stirring is extra important because that is when you mash up the berries a bit. Mashing the berries allows more flavor and color to get into the lemonade. I’ve tried it with whole berries and didn’t like how faint the flavor was.
Once you have stirred everything together, YOU HAVE TO TASTE IT! Seriously. I’m not sure how you could make lemonade without taste testing! I, of course, have provided a recipe, but I prefer a more tart lemonade and you might like it sweeter. So taste and adjust! Start with the base measurements provided in the recipe and go from there.
Pink Raspberry Lemonade Serving Suggestions
If you are looking for a more herby garnish, mint leaves to wonderfully with raspberry lemonade. I love the fresh combination. Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think!
Homemade Raspberry Lemonade Recipe
- 12 cups water warm, 2-4 cups shy of a gallon (see note)
- 1 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed , 5-6 lemons (see note)
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar see note
- Roll each lemon back and forth on the countertop a few times, pressing down slightly. This helps release the juice.
- Cut each lemon in half and juice, straining out the seeds.
- Pour about three quarters of the lemon juice into about 12 cups of water.
- Add the raspberries and sugar.
- Stir constantly for 3-5 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved and the raspberries are broken up. You may have to lightly mash the raspberries with your spoon.
- Taste and adjust flavor, adding more lemon juice, sugar, or water as desired.
- Leave juice a bit on the strong side if you are going to be putting ice in the serving container or glasses. This will allow the flavor to remain great as the ice melts into the drink.